• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What happened to TK/STE Snowcast?

cdskier

I realized the other day that I hadn't seen any SkiTheEast Snowcasts this year with Tim Kelley. I always enjoyed watching those and listening to him talk about the weather pattern and upcoming storm potential. Anyone know what happened? I see he's still doing weather reports for Jay. However also while googling I noticed he's no longer a meteorologist for NECN/NBC10 up in New England. Is that just a coincidence or did he move onto something else?

Pez

dude got popped poaching Stowe yesterday. I follow him on twitter. he is the humble brag king.

good forecaster though

Zand

He posted today that his pass is banned till 1/30.

I've literally skied up to a roped off trail at Killington, had a patroller ski up behind me and lift the rope and told me to let him know how it was skiing.

Two different cultures.

cdskier

That's pretty brutal that Vail suspended him for 30 days for skiing a closed trail (presumably first offense).

So I guess no one knows anything about why STE stopped doing the Snowcast videos with TK?

tumbler

Did he get canned from NECN/NBC10? He had such great local knowledge of what the forecast would do beyond just explaining model runs.

machski

Did he get canned from NECN/NBC10? He had such great local knowledge of what the forecast would do beyond just explaining model runs.
I don't think so as Matt Noyes has done some twitter casts with Tim this fall. Kind of wonder if he just hung it up, Tim had been at NECN since inception.

eatskisleep

He posted today that his pass is banned till 1/30.

I've literally skied up to a roped off trail at Killington, had a patroller ski up behind me and lift the rope and told me to let him know how it was skiing.

Two different cultures.
I’ve ducked ropes at Wildcat with patrol (pre-vail) the good ole days!