• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What new places will ya hit this year 2012-2013?

Smellytele

I did a search to make sure there wasn't another thread on this for this year. What new places will you ski this year if any?

I plan on hitting:
Whiteface
Gore
Titus
Saddleback

Tooth

I'll take you for a chairlift ride when you come up. I'll even throw in a few beers at Bullwinkles. Let me know when you are coming up.

Puck it

I think I am heading back to Utah this year with my son since air is so high to MT and BC. So Snowbasin is on the list and the free half day with boarding pass will be The Canyons or PC.

4aprice

New places? Snowbasin, Brighton, and maybe Solitude.

I'm shocked you haven't hit BCC. Suggest you hit Brighton during a snow storm (great tree runs off Snake Creek=visability) and get to Honeycomb Canyon on a powder day. Both are worth the trip.

For me if the snows cooperate I will try to hit West Mt (wanted to last year but they had a real rough year) and I need to get to Burke sometime.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm shocked you haven't hit BCC. Suggest you hit Brighton during a snow storm (great tree runs off Snake Creek=visability) and get to Honeycomb Canyon on a powder day. Both are worth the trip.

Last season was a real doozie here because of the lack of snow...and I had a pass at Snowbird and a new baby, so not as much time or desire to explore more. I did get to Alta, Snowbird, and Deer Valley. Thanks for the advice, re: Brighton. Will probably do a night skiing session there.

soulseller

Cannon
Sugarbush
Saddleback

Realistically Cannon is the the only one I will hit but even that is a question mark, I usually can't help but keep driving to Burke or Jay.

jaytrem

I plan on hitting:
Whiteface
Gore
Titus
Saddleback

Whiteface, Gore and Titus are in my plans also. You can get Whiteface and Gore tickets with a Descente jacket and last year you could get a Titus ticket by collecting Coke caps. Been to Gore already, but haven''t been done the Burnt Ridge and Snowbowl areas. Figure I'll go on a weekend so they would more likely be open.

I'm also booked for Jackson Hole, United is flying direct from Newark this year. The flights are only on Saturdays though. I decided to be greedy and add a day, so I only get one direct flight, but I only had to use 25,000 miles that way. The rental SUV is also under $300 for a week, just over with the extra day. Once I saw that I jumped on it and booked the flight home for 12,500 miles. Figured worst case I'd have to spend 25,000 to get out there, later decided to go out a day early. Not direct, but less miles, only get in 30 minutes later, and adds Pine Creek to the trip. So new to me out there will be everything...

Snow King (currently in forest fire danger)
Jackson Hole
Pine Creek
Pebble Creek
Pomerelle
Sun Valley
Rotarun
Magic Moutain
Kelly Canyon
Grand Targhee

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah and I need to get to Powder Mountain at some point.....

I'd love to do a trip to Sun Valley.

Saddleback and Loon(South Peak, drove by many a year after they cut the trails wondering if they would ever open).

dmc

SOmewhere in Hokaido Japan hopefully...