• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What New York areas will you ski/board in 2011-12?

What New York areas will you ski/board in 2011-12? Post a Poll

• Bellayre

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Gore

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Hunter

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whiteface

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Windham

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm going to try a poll of VT-NH-ME-NY biggies and see what the profile of this group looks like. Yeah, I'm leaving out the smaller places, and deliberately omitting MA and CT. We can have a mega-poll if this works out. Of course you can vote for as many resorts/hills as you want. But you're only allowed one vote per hill.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'll expand the survey with a more granular "release 2.0' later. I was in a hurry and too lazy to put them all in. Besides, a lot of the smaller mountains are "home mountains", which would kinda be like comparing apples to oranges.

4aprice

Hunter, Platte, Belleayre and Windham are all pretty easy day trips so if and when I find the right deals and weather I will hit as many of them as I can. Whiteface and Gore I may hit for sons racing (not determined yet). One not on the list that I plan to hit for an afternoon at on the way to or from Vermont - West Mountain.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

k123

Belleayre, Gore, Hunter, and definitely Plattekill

millerm277

Hunter's a definite, unless it's a horrible snow season, I'll most likely get to Plattekill a few times, and it's looking like I'm going to make a midwinter Gore trip.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Gore, Whiteface, Plattekill, Hickory, Hunter. Belleayre, Windham, Big Tupper, are possible.

NY has some really fun hills. Plattekill and Hickory are a must. I already skied Plattekill.

River! Look me up on that Hickory swing. 8)

VR17

whiteface, Gore, McCauley, Big Tupper(if they get enough snow to cover the rocks, trashed my skiis there last yr early in the season. $15 day pass cost me a lot more in base repair)