• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What skis/snowboards do you hold in your quiver?

drjeff

Quiver expanded today! Stöckli Delta Scale's! 129-84-111 - in a 187cm length - these skis just blew me away when I demo'd them last weekend in fresh manmade soft snow to boilerplate with everything from short turns to wide open Super G turns!!

Now I just need to make sure that my wife doesn't pay the VISA bill next month so she doesn't see what they cost!! ;-) :eek:

Attachments

• 1457143514709.jpg
    1457143514709.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 86

drjeff

Ha! There goes the $1100 pass savings. :lol:

Not quite the full amount of my families pass savings there DHS, but they did put a sizeable dent in that number!! Good friends who own a GREAT ski shop does come in handy from time to time! ;-)

I really wasn't planning on getting a new pair until next fall, but then I heard a couple of the guys I regularly ski with, who really rip (including one who was on the US Ski Team back in the early 90's) rave about how awesome these Stöckli's were when they demo'd them, and then one of the shop owners strongly "encouraged" me to try them when I swung by the shop last weekend to pick up some tuning supplies, and about 4 turns into my 1st run on them I knew that the VISA card was going to be coming out!!

The power these skis have is crazy!! And if they do have a top end, I don't think I want to know what it is, as its likely somewhere in the neighborhood of speeds I last hit back in the late 80's when I was a J1/J2 and last raced in a downhill!! Lol!!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Well ...Since mine decreased by one any suggestions for an all mountain and mogul ski that's stable at higher speeds.My old B2's were 174cm and 116,78,105. Kinda narrow by todays standards. I like the my Steadfast's but have them for BC. As fate would have it they couldn't have broken yesterday "Demo day " at Blue.
In no rush. Like in Christmas story "Major award " I'm going to bury them in the backyard with the sound of Taps in the background.

drjeff

Well ...Since mine decreased by one any suggestions for an all mountain and mogul ski that's stable at higher speeds.My old B2's were 174cm and 116,78,105. Kinda narrow by todays standards. I like the my Steadfast's but have them for BC. As fate would have it they couldn't have broken yesterday "Demo day " at Blue.
In no rush. Like in Christmas story "Major award " I'm going to bury them in the backyard with the sound of Taps in the background.

Actually next year, based on trends I'm reading about across the industry, those dimensions are going to be not that uncommon, especially for Eastern intended all mountain skis. The trend is to make them a bit narrower than they had been the last few years for more versatility on the generally firmer surfaces we have more days than not...

drjeff

Everything Ive read about Stockli suggests they're the Porsche of skis. Congrats

Until last weekend when I got on some Stöckli's for the 1st time, I wondered why the heck my favorite shop dropped Head and picked up Stöckli - I no longer am wondering why they made that move!!

Part of me know is wondering where I'll go next?? Maybe Bode Miller's new Bomber brand?? Lol!! Those would make the Stöckli's I just got seem price wise like something you'd find right now in one of Sports Authority Stores that is scheduled to close in the next few weeks "going out of business" sales racks!! ;-) :eek:

The European craftsman who still make skis by hand as they have been for decades sure have some talent!!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Actually next year, based on trends I'm reading about across the industry, those dimensions are going to be not that uncommon, especially for Eastern intended all mountain skis. The trend is to make them a bit narrower than they had been the last few years for more versatility on the generally firmer surfaces we have more days than not...

I like the way the Steadfasts feel but did seem to clank the tips together a bit more , was kind of annoying . Not sure to chaulk it up to first day out or width difference , there 132, 90,118

deadheadskier

Staff member
I like the way the Steadfasts feel but did seem to clank the tips together a bit more , was kind of annoying . Not sure to chaulk it up to first day out or width difference , there 132, 90,118

The big surprise for me with the Steadfast is how stiff they are. I have the Vagabonds from the H&B series as well at 107 underfoot and was expecting a similar flex profile on the Steadfast. Not so. Much stiffer ski, which plays out well for railing groomers, but makes for quite a bit rougher ride in the bumps than I was expecting from this ski.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
some of the bumpers at blue started riding the blizzard latigos and are loving them

Have to check em out . As fate would have I broke my ski the day After Demo day at Blue ....
I'm good for a little bit, Dead Head Skier sent me his old pair of B'2s ...keeping the Dukes .
Was thinking about the bindings being the breakage cause but after post mortem and looking at the minimal wear on the mounting plates. I think they flex enough not to stress on the ski .