• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

whats going on at Cannon?

Farleyman

I saw online that they are clear cutting trails on mittersill and making it a dedicated ski race mountain with snow making a grooming. anyone else see that? is it true????? There were also pictures labeled "clear cutting September 2014"

apparently Franconia ski club raised 3Mil and is heading the project.

skiberg

Old news and true. This has been in the works for 3 years.

Farleyman

I knew they were doing work over there, but didn't know if the stuff about being dedicated to ski racing was true. What I read said it was going to be closed 50% of the time to racers only

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiberg

Not 50% but will be closed at times for racing. That's the deal. FSC gives them 3 mil in upgrades and state gives them some dedicated race time on the trail.

dlague

I knew they were doing work over there, but didn't know if the stuff about being dedicated to ski racing was true. What I read said it was going to be closed 50% of the time to racers only

Yes true and a whole bunch of opinions in the thread bobbutts points out!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Farleyman

Good info, much appreciated.