• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you skiing this weekend? Jan 12-13, 2013 Edition

Cheese

Sugarbush (Saturday)
Okemo (Sunday)

Haven't booked a room yet if anyone has suggestions for somewhere in between the two resorts.

Red Spyder jacket, black pants, blue helmet with an Alpine Zone sticker. PM me if you'd like to meet up and share some runs.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Moar Wachusett. Probably Friday and Sunday. Wife is in regularly scheduled weekly lessons now. It's our goal to get her to be a solid intermediate by the end of the ski season.

xwhaler

Probably Waterville on Sunday. I took advantage of the Simon Malls $250 AMEX card offer which got me a Sun-Fri voucher I can use Waterville or Cranmore. Not a big WV fan but free skiing is free skiing and its an easy ride.

For all those going to the Bush this wknd remember it is the RSNE tour stop which is Saturday 2fer lift tickets if you find someone with a card.

Cheese

Probably Waterville on Sunday. I took advantage of the Simon Malls $250 AMEX card offer which got me a Sun-Fri voucher I can use Waterville or Cranmore. Not a big WV fan but free skiing is free skiing and its an easy ride.

My favorite runs at WV are from 8-9. Hero corduroy on uncrowded trails make for some fast carving runs. First two runs typically right down Whitecaps-Chute (providing it's not bumped up)-Whitecaps then runs on Whitecaps-Utter Abandon-Lower Sels and finally over to Sunnyside to abuse Grit, Gema and Ciao (providing it's not bumped up). After that it's time to throttle it back and bounce around the mountain doing the people slalom. Late afternoons Old T usually holds it's snow pretty well and if they drop the race rope on World Cup there's some cruising to be had there providing you can avoid the gate ruts. Enjoy your day xwhaler!

xwhaler

My favorite runs at WV are from 8-9. Hero corduroy on uncrowded trails make for some fast carving runs. First two runs typically right down Whitecaps-Chute (providing it's not bumped up)-Whitecaps then runs on Whitecaps-Utter Abandon-Lower Sels and finally over to Sunnyside to abuse Grit, Gema and Ciao (providing it's not bumped up). After that it's time to throttle it back and bounce around the mountain doing the people slalom. Late afternoons Old T usually holds it's snow pretty well and if they drop the race rope on World Cup there's some cruising to be had there providing you can avoid the gate ruts. Enjoy your day xwhaler!

Thanks Cheese....generally my plan as well when I ski WV. I'm going to try and be on snow no later than 8:15 which means leaving the house at 6:30 but I do wanna get there before the crowds arrive. I feel a lot of ppl will have the same early idea this wknd on Sunday with wanting to get home for the Pats game. Have fun up at the Bush!

emmaurice2

In my dreams, at this point. I have a deadline Monday, but if I can get enough done tonight then probably Belleayre on Saturday.