• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go this weekend? (Nov 17 - 18) Everybody's plans?

bdfreetuna

So Killington has 13 trails, a couple of which are diamonds. Top to bottom, at least. This weekend I'm thinking they will have a few more trails open.

Okemo has 4 or 6 trails open apparently top to bottom. Never been there and never wanted to but it's an option.

Stowe is opening Saturday. With how much terrain???

Jiminy Peak will probably open again for the weekend but they had no diamonds last weekend and a diamond at Jiminy isn't really that serious anyway.

What's your plans and why.. anything I'm missing here? Looks like Killington has the edge but I'm open to suggestions.

WWF-VT

I’m a passholder at Sugarbush so I’ll be there this weekend. I’m hoping for top to bottom skiing but don’t mind downloading. It’s good to hear that the plan is to have Organgrinder open on day one.

Tin

Killington for me on Saturday. Hope they open the upper part of Downdraft again and they've been blowing on Cascade all week.

steamboat1

Killington for me on Saturday. Hope they open the upper part of Downdraft again and they've been blowing on Cascade all week.

Don't count on upper downdraft being open to the public this weekend. They're having a competition there on Sunday which I would think they'd be setting up for at the latest Saturday. They've only been blowing snow on the Cascade head wall, not on Cascade proper, at least that's what their trail report indicates. Again don't think it will be open due to the competition on Downdraft this weekend. A couple of bright spots are I think they'll have Skyelark off the Superstar chair open this weekend as well as some trails off Snowdon. They'll be concentrating on getting some beginner terrain open this week for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend (Ramshead or Snowshed?)

http://www.killington.com/winter/activities/mountain_events/loaded_turkey

Last edited:

steamboat1

Another thing to look forward to for you Killington fans is that they're blowing snow on lower Conclusion. That could also possibly be in play for this weekend.

Madroch

Unlikely I can get away, but if I can-- K sounds enticing-- Maybe skye on line too. although, I think early season crowd wise, might make sense to maybe hit up Stowe-- anyone thinking they may be less crowded? All they have is the usual early season cruisers- lord, north slope- save a short pitch on centerline-- tough call- K will have better terrain-- love the bush, but organgrinder & jester to downspout-- ehh not sure.