• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

where to ski friday 12/7

mriceyman

heading up to kton for sat n sun but with only limited terrain i want to ski somewhere else on the way up friday. im coming from jersey. i have a 2 fer for windham but terrain looks limited. maybe hunter or go up to snow?was thinking maybe stratton but $70 for early season sounds a little expesnive but not totally opposed. thanks for the help

skifree

i would hit okemo for half day..on the way and conditions are decent.
that being said..weather looks bad all weekend

yeggous

If price is important, Wachusett has $26 tickets online which can be had for $21 with a coupon code. They also have very limited terrain, but for the price it's a good choice.

steamboat1

Depends what time you plan on leaving in the morning. I generally leave Brooklyn at 5am & I'll be on the slopes at K around 10am. I'd imagine central NJ is around the same drive time. Coming from the west (NJ) the southern VT. ski areas aren't all that much shorter a drive than K, an hour at most. I'd even say Okemo is about the same. Don't know if you have enough 2 fer's for 3 days at K but if you don't they're still available on line (http://www.killington.com/winter/2for1/2for1-skimag-2013/). I'd think K would have the most open terrain & have the snow guns blasting while it stays cold.

Euler

I skied Stratton today and it was good. I'm sure Okemo is about the same....a reasonable number of trails open top to bottom, beginner to advanced intermediate level stuff, groomed, machine made snow.

Mt. Snow got such a late start with the snowmaking that I'd rule that out for this weekend.

mriceyman

Gave in to killington for fri.. heading up now... should be on mountain by 10ish.. hit me up if your out there... 732nine95 8486 ..prolly wud have went.to stratton but tryn to make it a cheap 3 days of.skiing . Since i do have other trips booked already