• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which Wholesaler Do You Use?

Which wholesaler do you use?

• Costco

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Sam's Club

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • BJ's

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

thetrailboss

Staff member
Which one, if any, do you use? We are at Costco and there are some things that are cheaper, but overall it is a place where you buy in bulk to get a deal. I was surprised to see them selling namebrand clothing (Head, etc) and some nice things. It is crazy whenever we go....not sure why folks flock there.

We considered Sam's Club, but it did not seem to have the deals on what we needed...especially with our new daughter.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've used BJ's in the past, but it's been a while now and there aren't really any near me. So I very, very rarely go to them.

ctenidae

I've been to a Costco once, I think. May have been BJs. Or maybe Sam's Club.
I've always lived in small apartments in Boston- no room for a pallet of paper towels there.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Had a membership to BJs for a couple of years, but didn't feel I used it enough.

I think Costco offers the best quality products of all of them, especially with meats, but there isn't one nearby me.

thetrailboss

Staff member
@ DHS: thanks for reminding me...quality of goods and food was another reason why we went with Costco.

o3jeff

I have both Costco and Bj's(poll only allows one choice....). I like that Bj's has a deli and does offer stuff in smaller quantities. I usually end up going to Bj's more since it is only a mile down the road for me.

hammer

We joined Costco back when we were in Sacramento in the early 90s and have been members ever since.

We are pretty regular customers at the local warehouse in Nashua, and we have also used their car buying services a few times in the past. We bought our current desktop PC through their web site because they offered an extended warranty on it.

Main reason we go there is for the meat...seems to be better quality than what we can get at the local supermarkets (their steaks are great IMO). For winter sports, I've purchased some decent base layers and gloves there. It's also a good place to get the hand and foot warmers.

Geoff

I've never lived close enough to a Costco to have a membership. I've had BJ's memberships but I let my most recent one lapse. It's very out of my way to buy gasoline there and I've been living on seafood so I'm not buying meat there. Walmart is adequate for the other staples like paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, soap, & shampoo.

Warp Daddy

No Bulk mechandisers within 45 miles of us so we use BJ's occasionally when they have their free memberships,.

Frankly their so called "deals" are meh , you need the KNOW what other competitors are pricing in order to do anything significant .

I'm never really all that impressed by these places-- it really just DEPENDS

mlctvt

Warp Daddy;669826 it really just DEPENDS[/QUOTE said:
I think they all carry those too, in large quantity packages :razz:

Glenn

We just joined Costco mostly for cheap diapers and formula. I typically order stuff online so I don't have to go in there and deal with all the maniacs.

I'm a huge fan of shopping online. If we don't need it "now"...I'll order it online. Most of the time, shipping is free or cheap. If not, I just consider it a small "agrivation tax" and time saved.

wa-loaf

BJs because it's the closest and the gas is 5-10 cents cheaper than the other stations nearby.

Philpug

while the quantities are not our priority, the meats are fantastic. The ribeye for 6.99/lb are the best around. Peet's coffee for 18.00 for 2 lb is a deal. Sam's actually has an edible pastrami for 10.00 for 2 lb.