• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whiteface! 11/26/06

kingslug

11/26/06,
WHITEFACE
conditions: manmade packed,
Wahoo! hit Whiteface today and it was great. I normaly hit Hunter this time of year to start my season but we had a party to go to up here. They had 3 connected runs open with quite a bit of vertical. It was about 1500 vert ( I guess) and conditions where good. Overcast skies and temps in the 30's kept the snow firm and prevented the rocks from coming through mostly.No crowds, about 50 people tops. Some small moguls developed and the terrain was varied enough to keep it interesting. It was pretty cool to see the place with no snow on it, definitely a huge mountain. Skied a good 3 hours and then pooped out. Well worth the trip. And for those of you who haven't skied the place...3400 vertical awaits.

Last edited:

AdironRider

I was there as well from 9-12. Had a great day, my third day on snow!

bill9009

yeah whiteface is a semi hidden treasure, as is gore, simply because most people would rather head to vermont, which is fine with me, glad you had fune there

ajl50

Anybody coming down excel. see the new johns bypass?
Any comments on this?

JonnLeejsp

kingslug

Weather is looking good for next week and hopefully beyond. I think the extra 2 hour drive will be worth it in the coming months. Need a change from the Catskills.