• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat 100K Vertical Challenge

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Participated in Wildcat Mountain's 100K Vertcal Challenge to benefit NH Make A Wish Foundation. This was a lot of fun, 48 T2B runs to complete the challenge. I will write more about it later but I am a tad bit tired.

What I would like to say is that they did a great job organizing and executing the event, complete with:

Tomato soup handed off to you when you boarded the lift, along with water, and even sandwiches! Got to ski right onto the lift at the completion of Lynx... which was pretty cool. SP cheered everytime you made that turn down Lynx

Started at 8AM and everyone was done by about 4. Will do it again next year!

Supposed to ski Cannon tomorrow but might just hit the couch

Angus

Tomato soup handed off to you when you boarded the lift, along with water, and even sandwiches! Got to ski right onto the lift at the completion of Lynx... which was pretty cool. SP cheered everytime you made that turn down Lynx

congrats - we didn't get anything but a granola bar - things have changed. The folks at Wildcat are very supported. I finished up, attended the dinner and then drove 3 1/2 hours homes. look fwd to hearing more

deadheadskier

Staff member
Were all 48 runs done on Lynx? How'd the trail hold up? How the hell did you hold up? :lol: Actually, from our day skiing at Cannon, you're in far better shape than I. I don't think I've ever eclipsed 20 runs in a day at the Cat.