• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Attitash A Question

raisingarizona

Putting together large events sounds like a major Pia. I'm guessing that's why some ski areas steer clear of em, especially if they are successful without.

2Planker

Good luck trying to find a place to live in the Mt Washington Vall

Good luck trying to find a place to live in the Mt Washington Valley...
No shit. Things are sold, before the adds are even posted online. Both houses on either side of us sold in 1 day, for 15K & 25K over listing price. The agent is my buddy's wife. She's made a shitload of $$$$ over the last year+ , and will now retire early at 59

zyk

Cover letter... So the wife and I drew up a cover letter for her resume. She won't get the job, but after a few very good beers it was a fun exercise. Yes Vail is spelled wrong (damn auto correct) and there are some grammatical errors. If you're bored and have time read on. Freedom is just another word for... Anyway bigbob noted the housing situation so I doubt we could move. Cover letter posted below.

Dear Hiring Manager,
Every year at this time, after trekking up to Tuckerman’s Ravine and looking across at the beauty of
Wildcat Mountain, I have to wonder why the snow covered trails are barren. Sad really. Why has Vale not
taken advantage of this opportunity to be a late season player in the Mt. Washington Valley? My work in
events has my imagination exploding with ideas to attract late season patrons to Wildcat. As I watch these
athletes pack up and leave, I wonder where they are going, and how can I entice them to hop across the
street to Wildcat so I can buy them a beer after their incredible run.
As I return to Attitash Mountain Village, I have to question the management of the fascinating mountain
right outside my condo window. I can envision families enjoying the mountain and schools bringing bus
loads of young children for skiing programs. We need, now, more than ever, to entice the next generation
into this sport. My father always said, “When we learn young, we learn for life.”
As a dynamic and motivated professional with strong leadership and interpersonal abilities, I am prepared
to significantly contribute to the goals of Vale Resorts in the role of Field Marketing Manager.
My background includes leading operations, teams, and sales strategies to drive business and customer
service for a highly successful and reputable multi-unit business. From achieving top sales performances
and implementing innovative merchandising efforts to leading staff development, I excel at propelling
sales and revenue growth, managing top-producing teams, and achieving corporate goals and objectives.
Highlights of my experience include:
*20+ years management experience in stores with an average of $13.4 million annual business.
*Establishing solid and trusting partnerships through exceptional relationship building skills: utilizing
positive energy and interpersonal abilities to secure employee and management trust.
*12 years experience in marketing and brand presentation in a beverage industry for a large international
corporation.
*12 years experience in design, development and implementation of events to advance exposure in the
marketplace and increase brand recognition.
Don’t let my current job fool you. If you want to bring in new patrons, let us first focus on the ones we
have not yet lost. We need to resell the brand and show we are in it to win it. I am confident my strong
work ethic, self development, resilience, flexibility and ownership will readily translate to your
environment.
The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Although I currently live
in upstate New York, I know the Attitash/Wild Cat area very well.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Kind regards,

2Planker

Cover letter... So the wife and I drew up a cover letter for her resume. She won't get the job, but after a few very good beers it was a fun exercise. Yes Vail is spelled wrong (damn auto correct) and there are some grammatical errors. If you're bored and have time read on. Freedom is just another word for... Anyway bigbob noted the housing situation so I doubt we could move. Cover letter posted below.

Dear Hiring Manager,
Every year at this time, after trekking up to Tuckerman’s Ravine and looking across at the beauty of
Wildcat Mountain, I have to wonder why the snow covered trails are barren. Sad really. Why has Vale not
taken advantage of this opportunity to be a late season player in the Mt. Washington Valley? My work in
events has my imagination exploding with ideas to attract late season patrons to Wildcat. As I watch these
athletes pack up and leave, I wonder where they are going, and how can I entice them to hop across the
street to Wildcat so I can buy them a beer after their incredible run.
As I return to Attitash Mountain Village, I have to question the management of the fascinating mountain
right outside my condo window. I can envision families enjoying the mountain and schools bringing bus
loads of young children for skiing programs. We need, now, more than ever, to entice the next generation
into this sport. My father always said, “When we learn young, we learn for life.”
As a dynamic and motivated professional with strong leadership and interpersonal abilities, I am prepared
to significantly contribute to the goals of Vale Resorts in the role of Field Marketing Manager.
My background includes leading operations, teams, and sales strategies to drive business and customer
service for a highly successful and reputable multi-unit business. From achieving top sales performances
and implementing innovative merchandising efforts to leading staff development, I excel at propelling
sales and revenue growth, managing top-producing teams, and achieving corporate goals and objectives.
Highlights of my experience include:
*20+ years management experience in stores with an average of $13.4 million annual business.
*Establishing solid and trusting partnerships through exceptional relationship building skills: utilizing
positive energy and interpersonal abilities to secure employee and management trust.
*12 years experience in marketing and brand presentation in a beverage industry for a large international
corporation.
*12 years experience in design, development and implementation of events to advance exposure in the
marketplace and increase brand recognition.
Don’t let my current job fool you. If you want to bring in new patrons, let us first focus on the ones we
have not yet lost. We need to resell the brand and show we are in it to win it. I am confident my strong
work ethic, self development, resilience, flexibility and ownership will readily translate to your
environment.
The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Although I currently live
in upstate New York, I know the Attitash/Wild Cat area very well.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Kind regards,
Sorry,

We only hire former Food & Beverage staff for our Upper Level Mgmnt positions.

Can you flip Burgers and make Fries ? Then maybe.
We'll contact you in November, if you are lucky.

R. Katz & Co.