• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Woot video cam

SkiDork

The vid cam on Woot today looks like a decent unit. It records to SD media instead of Hard Drive so the cold should not be an issue, although that gives it somewhat lower capacity. But for $135 It's a decent buy.

WoodCore

Just bought one. It's probably a POS but $135 for a 720p HD camcorder is a chance I'm willing to take.

Glenn

How does compare the "Flip "? I've been looking into the Flip as an alternative to lugging around our sony mini DV vid cam. I just want something small I can cary in my pocket and take out to film easily.

gmcunni

Just bought one. It's probably a POS but $135 for a 720p HD camcorder is a chance I'm willing to take.

let us know how it is when you get it. If i hadn't gotten a new small camcorder for Christmas i too would have jumped on this one.

gmcunni

How does compare the "Flip "? I've been looking into the Flip as an alternative to lugging around our sony mini DV vid cam. I just want something small I can cary in my pocket and take out to film easily.

fwiw, my wife got me a flip but i returned it. small and simple to use but lacked some of the minor features i'd grown accustom to with my digital camera that also shot video. for me, optical zoom and image stabilisation were key features.

Glenn

fwiw, my wife got me a flip but i returned it. small and simple to use but lacked some of the minor features i'd grown accustom to with my digital camera that also shot video. for me, optical zoom and image stabilisation were key features.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking of just hitting "Big Lots", grabbing a $10 4gig SD card and shooting some vid with the new Cannon we got for Christmas.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
FYI, after seeing this, did some research and found some real crappy reviews of this camera. Could be a bunch a crap , but worth noting. Dork, still appreciate the heads up :)

WoodCore

FYI, after seeing this, did some research and found some real crappy reviews of this camera. Could be a bunch a crap , but worth noting. Dork, still appreciate the heads up :)

I read some of the reviews today as well but for $135.00 shipped I couldn't pass it up. Besides it's got to be better than camcorder I don't have and seeing as I'll be using it primarily for skiing, I won't feel too bad when I break it!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I read some of the reviews today as well but for $135.00 shipped I couldn't pass it up. Besides it's got to be better than camcorder I don't have and seeing as I'll be using it primarily for skiing, I won't feel too bad when I break it!

Yeah, I was considering getting just to replace my helmet cam. Figure it's small enough to just tape to the side of you helmet, and if you smack up, not much of a loss :)

Glenn

with a 4g you will get about 30min at 640x480 at the regular setting and at the L setting like 60. i would pick up a few

Cool. That should be more than enough. I'll bring the 2 gig for still shots. I just want to get a few minutes of vid of my wife skiing. And maybe a few of me doing some pseudo gnarness of some booters in the park.