• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Working out side..

hammer

I don't, but when I had new roof shingles installed a few years ago the crew did it when it was 10 deg outside.

air0rmc

advice on what?

I am trying to setup a trip to meet up with some coworkers from when I worked in Philly to do some skiing , have some dinner and beers then head back home . They are an hour or so south of Philly airport and I live near Utica NY. They are transplants and have not skied in 15 or twenty years and last season was my first season in 25 years so nothing special as far as terrain , just good rental equipment incase they want to try some parabolics , good food and spirits onsite (a bar) easily accessable to NE extension . I know there are several around the Hickory run exit of 476 . Also I worked in Emmaus for a year in 1996 and stayed in foglesville , is the Sunset Grill still there..? any advice will be awsome , thanks....Oh and it will be on a monday

Last edited:
I am trying to setup a trip to meet up with some coworkers from when I worked in Philly to do some skiing , have some dinner and beers then head back home . They are an hour or so south of Philly airport and I live near Utica NY. They are transplants and have not skied in 15 or twenty years and last season was my first season in 25 years so nothing special as far as terrain , just good rental equipment incase they want to try some parabolics , good food and spirits onsite (a bar) easily accessable to NE extension . I know there are several around the Hickory run exit of 476 . Also I worked in Emmaus for a year in 1996 and stayed in foglesville , is the Sunset Grill still there..? any advice will be awsome , thanks....Oh and it will be on a monday

LMFAO..parabolics..the Sunset grill is still there. Jack Frost/Big Boulder is an idea since it's near 476 and there's night skiing at Big Boulder. Sno Mountain in Scranton is an idea as well...Blue mountain as well although it's not as close to 476. Every ski area will have parabolics for rent..and Mondays are the quietest day of the week..anyway feel free to PM me with any additional questions..

air0rmc

LMFAO..parabolics..the Sunset grill is still there. Jack Frost/Big Boulder is an idea since it's near 476 and there's night skiing at Big Boulder. Sno Mountain in Scranton is an idea as well...Blue mountain as well although it's not as close to 476. Every ski area will have parabolics for rent..and Mondays are the quietest day of the week..anyway feel free to PM me with any additional questions..

He he he...I thought you would get a chuckle out of that "parabolics" but...oh my ass...are they fun..."carving" is the way to go..Thanks for the advice,I will pm you for more brain picking...thanks again for the help...Toumbstones eh..there is good stability in that field....no really.....you are fortunate.I wish I had that level of confidence in my job.....

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Now I just play outside, but on my way back from Loon today I drove past workers putting together the base for the new South Peak entrance sign. Setting rebar just doesn't sound like fun today!

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
by parabolic do you mean rockered/reverse camber. well they are not really ment for groomers. you have some that have rocker in the tip and tail but the makes your effective edge that much smaller. around here a long effective edge is where its at.

by parabolic do you mean rockered/reverse camber. well they are not really ment for groomers. you have some that have rocker in the tip and tail but the makes your effective edge that much smaller. around here a long effective edge is where its at.

No he means shaped skis..hourglass/super sidecut..like the Elan SCX..1996 called and they want their skis back,,