• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

World Cup or Freeski

kingslug

I used to watch World Cup racing but got a little bored with it. I do catch the highlights though and downhill is still cool to watch. Recently I started watching the Red Bull Freeski tour. This is more like it. Flying down lines like this..and backflipping off them is pretty entertaining.

Attachments

• freeski 3.jpg
    freeski 3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 93
  • freeski 2.jpg
    freeski 2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 92
  • freeski 1.jpg
    freeski 1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 93

bdfreetuna

Other way around here, every "ski movie" I've seen is 90% big mountain. If I've seen one person ski down a mountain in Alaska shot from a helicopter, I've seen them all.

World Cup racing I only really started watching last year and I seem to prefer watching these ultra high level skiers push their limits on firm and icy surfaces.

I do enjoy Eastern freeride skiing ie MRG Unconventional Terrain Challenge and similar events at Smuggs, Jay, the Eastern Freeride Tour or whatever it's called now. Rocks make it more interesting.

kingslug

Guess a lot of people don't watch skiing. The movies are repetitive though. Watching the old ones is entertaining..Blizzard of AAHHS.....

BenedictGomez

I've watched FIS ski racing for years on TV and am a fan enough that I pretty much know all the men's & women's top racers by nation. I'll even wake up early to watch some of my favorite events (Hahnenkamm at Kitz, etc..), and watch the rest of the mostly EU events on delay.

That said, no way in Hades would I want my kid ski racing!

p_levert

I don't watch ANY sport on TV. Skiing, football, hockey... I just don't watch.

Don't have time.

"Don't have time" actually means "not high enough priority". Nothing personal abc, but we find time to do the things we really want to do.

TV sports is definitely an epic time waster, so I am careful not to fall into that trap as well.

kingslug

I only get about 2 hours at night to watch anything..but with you tube and the fast forward button I can skim to the good parts. The Free ski tour shows are about 3 to 3.5 hours long..with about 20 minutes of what I'm interested in. Ever watch an entire World Cup race to the end..hours long.

abc

You don’t have time because you’re always posting on here! [emoji1]
Actually, the rare occasion I do watch TV, I found the commercial a perfect time slot for posting snap comments on the forum. (many of which I regret later on, as I only have a couple minutes to finish it)
emoji1.png

I post here a lot more than I care to admit. Part of the reason is my company blocks many web sites (example, TGR is blocked). But AZ is one of the lucky few they don't block.

"Don't have time" actually means "not high enough priority". Nothing personal abc, but we find time to do the things we really want to do.
I'm not ashamed for not putting a high priority on watching TV.