• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Worst Drivers

Bene288

We all travel to ski/work. Which state/region has the worst drivers and why? This is intended to be fun and not turn into a pissing match. I'm genuinely curious what other drivers think.

My vote: Greater Boston. Most are very timid and constantly have their noses stuck in their cell phones. As a native upstater, driving out here makes my blood boil.8)

Puck it

You are not Upstate, you need to be from the North Country to bitch about drivers. Just Warp.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
We all travel to ski/work. Which state/region has the worst drivers and why? This is intended to be fun and not turn into a pissing match. I'm genuinely curious what other drivers think.

My vote: Greater Boston. Most are very timid and constantly have their noses stuck in their cell phones. As a native upstater, driving out here makes my blood boil.8)

BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm Sure the insurance companies have all the stats. I have had a few encounters but no rage incidents but....
Not in agreement with the timid part , One of my regular customers drives there monthly and last month had someone get out of his there and beat on his window.

ctenidae

Connecticut, especially Fairfield County. The mix of lumbering SUV's with cell phones glued to foreheads, overly-privileged and highly medicated asshats, and under-muffler-ed Honda Accords is bad enough. Layer into it a terrible mix of people who think they're New Yorkers but aren't, Massholes passing through, and people from Rhode Island, and it gets pretty ugly.

In Boston, at least you can generally predict which way someone's going to screw it up, and adjust accordingly.

Bene288

BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm Sure the insurance companies have all the stats. I have had a few encounters but no rage incidents but....
Not in agreement with the timid part , One of my regular customers drives there monthly and last month had someone get out of his there and beat on his window.

Those guys banging on the window don't bother me. It's the Honda Civic/Yota Prius driver on 128 that's brutal. Actual Boston city drivers don't bother me so much.

wa-loaf

I hit the pike, 128 and rt 2 on my commute. I find that the work commuters all want to go as fast as they can, if it's not crowded everyone is going 80, though you do get the occasional prius tooling in the left lane. I know all the choke points and what lane to be in to keep moving as much as possible. I actually get frustrated when driving these routes on the weekend. You get more slow pokes in the left lane and the weekenders just don't behave the same as the commuters and are no where near as aggressive.

Bene288

I hit the pike, 128 and rt 2 on my commute. I find that the work commuters all want to go as fast as they can, if it's not crowded everyone is going 80, though you do get the occasional prius tooling in the left lane. I know all the choke points and what lane to be in to keep moving as much as possible. I actually get frustrated when driving these routes on the weekend. You get more slow pokes in the left lane and the weekenders just don't behave the same as the commuters and are no where near as aggressive.

We must be close by. I'm doing a house in Concord at the moment. Rough drive from 128. Couple it all with the infrastructure meltdown of 128 through Newton.. Oi

Bene288

You are not Upstate, you need to be from the North Country to bitch about drivers. Just Warp.

Upstate is considered anything north of NYC. Most in my area consider it anything north of Westchester county. Debatable topic. But I can specify for you: Capital/Saratoga Region or Upper Hudson Valley. Where Warp is would be known as North Country. (Lived there for awhile as well) Then Western, Southern Tier, Finger Lakes, Central and Mohawk Valley.

Funny thing is the Eastern half of North Country is a different world compared to the Western side.

prsboogie

As a self proclaimed Masshole I find it hysterical when out of staters complain about how we drive. Whenever someone make a douche move like cutting across three lanes of traffic with utter disregard for any other being on the planet it is always an out if state plate. They tell you at least 1-2 miles out there is an exit coming, and wait for it, even tell you where the exit will take you!

Another great one is Rhode Island, I work in Providence and have the pleasure of driving I-195 every morning with these morons, the ramp to I-95 N has been a right two lane exit for the last 5ish years and this idiots still push across from the far left lane at the last second daily.

Forget about the texting driving laws, how about the dumb ass driving laws we need.

As where I am the Friday evening commute is such a joy in the summer with all the yellow/orange plates headed to the Cape in their overstuffed SUVs pushing their way to be ahead of you by 1 second! And the Constipation err I mean the Constitution State plates are no better.

Bene288

I had considered little Rhode being my top vote. But find the mass holes are typically the ones that wait till the last second to merge for an exit. Perfect example is exit 20 in Newton. Always backed up because people ride the shoulder past the exit then need to merge in while the on ramp also has to merge..

I like this. It's nice to be able to vent.

Showing no love for NYS either. Lots of morons but a lot more running room.

Funky_Catskills

But really DC drivers drive me insane...
Atlanta drives are total ass*oles...

What really kills me is people from New York City that don't make right on red outside of NYC...

Bene288

But really DC drivers drive me insane...
Atlanta drives are total ass*oles...

What really kills me is people from New York City that don't make right on red outside of NYC...

Never been down to the city. That would drive me crazy. Cambridge is like that, I take the right anyway if it's safe.

Funky_Catskills

Never been down to the city. That would drive me crazy. Cambridge is like that, I take the right anyway if it's safe.

Oh I'm in NYC all the time... I NEVER drive there unless I have a drum gig..
In NYC if you make a right on red - you WILL get a ticket.. Mailed to you sometimes... :)

Domeskier

Whenever someone make a douche move like cutting across three lanes of traffic with utter disregard for any other being on the planet it is always an out if state plate.

I think most annoying actions by out-of-state drivers can be attributed to a lack of familiarity with the area rather than some general driver character trait. That being said, I think most drivers are awful everywhere, and frequently include myself in that assessment.