• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

XSI Sports Insurance Now Offering Supplemental Insurance for Snowboarders and Skiers

AlpineZone News

Skiing News
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Salt Lake City - XSI Sports Insurance, a provider of supplemental insurance aimed at everyday athletes, is now offering its products to snowboarders and skiers. Plans begin at $15.40 per month per individual.

XSI Sports Insurance's supplemental insurance plans cover snowboarders and skiers on and off the slopes. Unlike health insurance plans, supplemental insurance pays cash to the policyholder when claims are approved.

"Many supplemental insurance plans simply don't cover individuals engaged in activities like snowboarding and skiing. XSI Sports Insurance was founded specifically to fill this void. Basically, XSI Sports Insurance is insurance for what your normal health insurance doesn't cover," said XSI Sports Insurance CEO Robert Scott.

Scott added that cash received from XSI Sports Insurance's supplemental plan can be used for things like mortgage/rent, utilities, groceries, lost wages, car payments and deductibles.

Scott, an insurance executive who worked in the industry since 1995, founded XSI Sports Insurance in 2009.

"One day, while training for a boxing match, I broke my hand. I quickly discovered that my major medical policy was only going to cover a fraction of the cost to get my hand back into fighting condition. At that point, I recognized a need for a special type of supplemental insurance that was both affordable and effective in its coverage-and XSI Sports Insurance was born. Since then, I've partnered with some of the world's largest insurance carries to develop our unique product offerings," Scott said.

Scott added that it is not necessary to have regular health insurance in order to purchase XSI Sports Insurance. "For some individuals who can't afford regular health insurance, our product could be a good alternative, although there are dollar limits associated with our supplemental insurance. Obviously, supplemental insurance in this case is preferable to no insurance at all," he said.

For more information, visit www.xsinow.com or call XSI Sports Insurance at (801)331-8503.