• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your dream concert...

drjeff

anybody go to Lollapoloza??? I've actually never been to big concert..like in a stadium or arena..it would be cool to see a legit group like Twisted Sister or the Monkees...

Stadium shows are they're own entitiy. I've seen Pink Floyd, U2 and Buffet at the old Foxboro Stadium/Gillette Stadium and even compared to seeing acts at your "standard" 30,000 seat semi-covered ampitheatre/lawn seating venue it's a much different experience. Still though, none of those options beats the intimacy of when you get a good act in a small club IMHO!

deadheadskier

Staff member
anybody go to Lollapoloza??? I've actually never been to big concert..like in a stadium or arena..it would be cool to see a legit group like Twisted Sister or the Monkees...

Seen plenty of Grateful Dead shows in big places, such as Giants Stadium, RFK, Foxborough; seen the Who and the Stones at Foxborough in 89. Countless Phish shows in arenas and most recently The Dead in an arena. I hadn't been to an arena show in about 5 years and I'm pretty well all set. Going to see Phish at Great Woods this summer and will probably be all set with that as well. I just don't have the desire to be packed in with 15K - 125K (Highgate Dead) people anymore. Between waiting in 20 minute lines for the bathroom, only being able to purchase one $9 beer at a time that you wait another 20 minutes for....all set.

I'd take seeing a band like Lettuce or Nate Wilson Group in a small club over a stadium show any day.

I don't even care for the mega large festivals anymore. Might do Gathering of the Vibes again, but at 20K people, it gets annoying.

This weekend is by far my favorite music experience of the year. $75, 3 mights camping, 50ish bands, three thousand people tops, go wherever you want with your own beers, awesome up and coming talent. Really can't beat it.

noski

I saw Rush and would love to see them again as they were in the late 70s, but this time add Queen. I would have loved to see a Queen show.

dmc

Not into stadiums anymore... Too many people mashed together... had a guy fall from the level above me at a GD show in Jersey (Giants Stadium) - swore them off after...

But I will go see a weekend Phish show - gladly...

Grassi21

Gov't Mule and The Allmans for me.

I would also like to see Mule or, GASP, Dave Matthews acoustically.

skiadikt

being more of a jazz guy & a guitarist i'd love to see two of my fave guitarists pat martino & pat metheny in a band with charles lloyd-tenor, gary bartz-alto, wynton marsalis-trumpet, chick corea-piano, dave holland-bass & brian blade-drums with wayne shorter, sonny rollins, bela fleck & bruce hornsby sitting in on a couple tunes.

dmc

being more of a jazz guy & a guitarist i'd love to see two of my fave guitarists pat martino & pat metheny in a band with charles lloyd-tenor, gary bartz-alto, wynton marsalis-trumpet, chick corea-piano, dave holland-bass & brian blade-drums with wayne shorter, sonny rollins, bela fleck & bruce hornsby sitting in on a couple tunes.

You'd love this little nugget i found on Youtube..

Jaco and Sco

Dr Skimeister

Be sure to check out the newly released live album by Chick Corea, John McLaughlin and the Five Peace Band.

mondeo

I much prefer arena shows over amphitheater. Feels so much more intimate and intense.

Especially compared to this one:
molson-canadian-rocks-for-toronto.jpg
http://www.thisdayinrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/molson-canadian-rocks-for-toronto.jpg

Probably the largest concert I'll ever attend. (I was right behind the first row of speakers, stage right.)

deadheadskier

Staff member
I much prefer arena shows over amphitheater. Feels so much more intimate and intense.

Especially compared to this one:
molson-canadian-rocks-for-toronto.jpg
http://www.thisdayinrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/molson-canadian-rocks-for-toronto.jpg

Probably the largest concert I'll ever attend. (I was right behind the first row of speakers, stage right.)

How many people attended that?

The largest show I was ever at was the Grateful Dead Highgate show, which was estimated at 125K, that crowd in Toronto looks MUCH bigger.

no thanks

mondeo

How many people attended that?

The largest show I was ever at was the Grateful Dead Highgate show, which was estimated at 125K, that crowd in Toronto looks MUCH bigger.

no thanks
I think the final count was 450K, I figure I was in the 25K closest to the stage. $20CDN to charity for a 12 hour show, finished by Guess Who, Rush, AC/DC, and Rolling Stones (who sucked.)

Mildcat

Who is GG Allin??

The total opposite of Pat Boone. Probably one of the sickest Motha F-er's to ever start a band. Absolute nut job, totally demented. To be honest even if he was still alive I probably wouldn't go see his show but I did see his band at Ralphs in Worcester a couple years ago.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think the final count was 450K, I figure I was in the 25K closest to the stage. $20CDN to charity for a 12 hour show, finished by Guess Who, Rush, AC/DC, and Rolling Stones (who sucked.)

no way I couldn't dealt with that kinda crowd for 12 hours....crazy