• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Favorite Power Tool

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
a couple of years ago my father bought one of the Ryobi combo kits that came with like 5 tools that all shared the same batteries. Over 2 years of moderate to heavy DYI use all but one of the 5 tools has either been replaced under warranty or out right thrown away and replaced with something decent. He has now spent much more money that if he just bought a decent set in the first place. The funny thing is he is the person that taught me never to buy cheap tools.

you also don't need to break the bank on DeWalt, PorterCable, Makita, Delta, Bosch, Hitachi, etc...... Rigid makes a very study long lasting tool that price wise falls right in the middle of the Ryobi stuff and big name brands.

Lately seem like I buy more Bosch than anything else.

o3jeff

Started doing some remodeling at home last fall and picked up a Dewalt Mitre saw and also their portable table saw, both a lot better that the stuff I was borrowing from work(Rigid mitre and a Delta table saw). I figured with the money I'm saving from hiring someone, I'd use the money on good tools since I have a lot more stuff I wan to do around the house. I also picked up a Hitachi finish nailer.

I bought them all off Amazon. If you're in no hurry, put the items on your wish list, it seems the prices fluctuate a lot with them depending on the day.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Started doing some remodeling at home last fall and picked up a Dewalt Mitre saw and also their portable table saw, both a lot better that the stuff I was borrowing from work(Rigid mitre and a Delta table saw). I figured with the money I'm saving from hiring someone, I'd use the money on good tools since I have a lot more stuff I wan to do around the house. I also picked up a Hitachi finish nailer.

I bought them all off Amazon. If you're in no hurry, put the items on your wish list, it seems the prices fluctuate a lot with them depending on the day.

I've purchased off Amazon as well as cpooutlets.com.

mlctvt

Number one for me would be my Cyclone Rake, followed by my Arens snow blower.
For hand tools it'd be my Ingersol Rand Impact wrench, saved me hours when working on rusty cars.

My wife says her Vitamix 5200 Blender is her favorite. That machine can liquify anything.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Number one for me would be my Cyclone Rake, followed by my Arens snow blower.
For hand tools it'd be my Ingersol Rand Impact wrench, saved me hours when working on rusty cars.

My wife says her Vitamix 5200 Blender is her favorite. That machine can liquify anything.

That's a heavy duty rake, you live on a golf course? :lol:

mlctvt

That's a heavy duty rake, you live on a golf course? :lol:

No but we've got lots of tall trees. The leaves on our property would pile almost a foot deep over most of the yard. We used to use a walk behind leaf blower to pile them up onto tarps which we would then haul to the back of our property into the woods. It would take 6-8 days of nasty back braking work for my wife and I to "do the leaves". Now I just drive around in my tractor and the Cyclone rake chops them up into the hopper which I then dump and use as mulch around the perimeter of the yard and into the woods. "doing the leaves" is actually fun now. This machine has been a godsend, I wonder how I lived without it. If I could only keep one tool this would be it.

ctenidae

"doing the leaves" is actually fun now. This machine has been a godsend, I wonder how I lived without it. If I could only keep one tool this would be it.

All you need is a cup holder for your beer, and you're all set.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've got a dewalt hammer drill . Love it. Use it all the time, had it for almost nine years now and still works flawlessly.

mlctvt

My John Deer lawn tractor has 2 cup holders, not sure why there's 2 when there's only one seat. Maybe for big lawns where you need 2 beers to finish it.