• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your kids' favorite ski area

Savemeasammy

I asked my 7 year old yesterday while we were riding the chair at Sunapee, "where is your favorite place to ski?" His answer: Magic. He's only been once, and it wasn't even on a good conditions day. He's really going to love it when he can ski in the woods!

How about your kids? Is their favorite a favorite of yours, also? (I'm a Magic fan.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thetrailboss

Staff member
My 3 year old says Snowbird...that was until she saw that Alta had pink sprinkled donuts and now she wants to go to Alta 😉

She usually says Snowbird.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

4aprice

I was thinking along the same lines the other day but from a much different perspective, my youngest being 18 now. What was their favorites growing up? (thinking about the wife's as well-another subject). You might see them change over the years. We (should say I) gave them a good sample of areas, and made a game of collecting pins through out NH,VT, NY and PA. The boy has had many favorites at different points in his life from Camelback to Killington, and on to Snowbird (probably what he would say his favorite is today). He's got his Cannon Pass so he'd better like that one.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Savemeasammy

I told him my favorites are mostly from the Mad River Valley and points north. He may change his mind once I get him up there, but then again, maybe not. Time will tell!

St. Jerry

Beaver Creek. The gladed runs just for kids. And the cookies. the cookies.

elks

My kids ask for Jay Peak. Can't beat skiing and taking a tram followed by an evening at the water park. Only second best to Christmas day.

Plowboy

Try again....my post from this morning disappeared. We live at the base of Mount Ellen. My son(17) gets 75+ days/yr at Sugarbush(since he was 5).. His favorite is Smuggs!! He wishes that it was our home mountain. He has never skied Morse Mt., so it not about the Kids Programs. He loves the upper mountain terrain......(It's a natural Park)

MadMadWorld

Try again....my post from this morning disappeared. We live at the base of Mount Ellen. My son(17) gets 75+ days/yr at Sugarbush(since he was 5).. His favorite is Smuggs!! He wishes that it was our home mountain. He has never skied Morse Mt., so it not about the Kids Programs. He loves the upper mountain terrain......(It's a natural Park)

That's a good kid!

Tin

If my child does not like places like Smuggs, MRG, and Magic I hope it likes the orphanage.

MMP

I asked my 7 year old yesterday while we were riding the chair at Sunapee, "where is your favorite place to ski?" His answer: Magic. He's only been once, and it wasn't even on a good conditions day. He's really going to love it when he can ski in the woods!

How about your kids? Is their favorite a favorite of yours, also? (I'm a Magic fan.)

Im going to buy your kid a beer. He can clearly handle it.

Savemeasammy

Im going to buy your kid a beer. He can clearly handle it.

I will look you up the next time we go. Hopefully you don't mind when I drink the beer on his behalf! :)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Tin

Your philosophy on parenting scares me a little.

This is only if the child survives the Smuggs Spartan Challenge first. Bring child to the top of Madonna Liftline at Smuggs with thin cover and leave them. If the child gets down and survives, it may come home and return to its' den in the back yard. If not, I'll make another.

prsboogie

Just asked my 8 yo ( who's home sick) and its Attitash, I'm sure his 6 yo sister would agree. They just enjoy themselves and always ask when we are headed back. His second is anywhere he can ski!!

MMP

Your philosophy on parenting scares me a little.

My kids are on the Magic Gelande Quaffing Team. What's your point?

I will look you up the next time we go. Hopefully you don't mind when I drink the beer on his behalf! :)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

If your kid wants to give his beer away that's his prerogative.

dlague

Try again....my post from this morning disappeared.

Same here!

I asked my son and he is all over the map! However, his first few were Jay Peak, Saddleback and Cannon. He said he also really likes two new places for us that we were at last year Magic and Stowe. For the most part it is not about the ski area/resort but more about skiing. We have fun everywhere and he has adapted to the family creed - "Take what the mountain gives you!" We ski about 15-20 different ski areas every season and while some are multiple times like Killington, Jay Peak, Cannon and BW, there are other places that we might visit once per season like BV, Waterville, Magic, etc that he looks forward to because nostalgic value.

Last edited:

RustyGroomer

I'll send this directly to the "Magicment". I know how MMP loves that,........."Magicment!!" Good stuff Sammy. Love to shred w/the little one.

MMP

I'll send this directly to the "Magicment". I know how MMP loves that,........."Magicment!!" Good stuff Sammy. Love to shred w/the little one.

I have a TM on that. Like a watermark for words.

RustyGroomer

MMP's kid loves Magic too. He just needs to learn to get after it a bit. Sort of a lil' panzzy.
71554_10203272437835389_1142381946_n.jpg

drjeff

Mine are obviously Mount Snow just based on the 40+ days a year they ski, and have skied there since they were 3 - heck my 11yr old has somewhere around 400 days at Mount Snow in her ski career already!!

But if pushed to think outside the box a bit, they'd say Vail I'm sure based on a truly epic day we had there 2 years ago, a day that ranks in my top 2 or 3 lifetime for my 37 year, closing in on 1500 lifetime days skiing career!