• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Zipfit dealers

TheArchitect

I'm thinking of trying out Zipfit liners. Based on the Zipfit website The Boot Pro and The Starting Gate in VT are dealers. Does anyone know of other dealers closer to Boston? If not, does anyone have experience with either Boot Pro or Starting Gate?

Handlebars

I got my intuitions molded and my sister and brother in law got boots fitted at the starting gate. Super professional and we’re all very happy with the results, highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mister moose

Probably more money than an off the shelf liner like Zip-fit, but you might take a look at custom foam. I'm on Conformable, and they are excellent. It's a Jello mold of my foot. Very durable. No packing out. Very warm. If you go that route, find a shop that does a lot of them.

Brad J

I have done DIY fitting of Zipfits using the videos off there web site with great results, if you have a good shell fit it is a no brainier . I saved a $100 dollars by buying them in Britain ( Lockwoods) I have them I two pairs of boots and love them , the heel hold is unbelievable , private message me for more info , I can't believe more serious skiers do not use them

TheArchitect

Thanks for the replies. I called Starting Gate and talked with a bootfiter about the Zipfits. They're an option for me but we also talked about custom foam, the Atomic Hawx Ultra and a newer Fischer Vacuum (I have the first year Vacuum 130 now). I made an appointment for next week and will look at all of the above options.

The Hawx Ultra is very interesting to me because they're supposed to be pretty warm liners. Cold toes is the one thing I haven't been able to solve with my current Vacuum boots, even with an Intuition Dreamliner. I had Hotronics but they broke and I don't want to go that route again.

drjeff

Thanks for the replies. I called Starting Gate and talked with a bootfiter about the Zipfits. They're an option for me but we also talked about custom foam, the Atomic Hawx Ultra and a newer Fischer Vacuum (I have the first year Vacuum 130 now). I made an appointment for next week and will look at all of the above options.

The Hawx Ultra is very interesting to me because they're supposed to be pretty warm liners. Cold toes is the one thing I haven't been able to solve with my current Vacuum boots, even with an Intuition Dreamliner. I had Hotronics but they broke and I don't want to go that route again.
I got my Hawx Ultra's a year ago. Love them! And the liner is WARM!! To the point where I need to use spray anti perspirent on my feet before putting my socks and then boots on because my feet regularly sweat now in my boots, a problem I never had before, and something I do have to deal with or else my damp toes eventually get cold.

My wife, this weekend, got the Atomic Hawx Magna women's boots, and as a person who has a tough foot to fit (short, wide and a tall arch), she's also been thrilled with the fit and warmth right from her first run after the shells were molded for her.

Fit and warmth are very, very good with the shell molded Atomic Hawx series boots in my family for sure

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

TheArchitect

That's really good to hear. I'm tired of cold feet.

I know that I started this thread about Zipfits but after reading some more about the Ultra's I'm really hoping that they fit my feet. They seem like a really good boot.

TheArchitect

Just got back from Starting Gate with a new pair of Hawx Ultra 130's. I told George why I was there (heel issues) and I was interested in whatever option solved my problem. A shell fit quickly showed what I had suspected for a while now; I was in a boot that was one size too big. Bye bye Zipfits, hello new boots.

I have no idea how they'll ski but they fit nice and snug all over, even after warming the shell to widen the toe box. With my Vacuums I had to crank down the third and fourth buckles so tight I was convinced they'd snap. The Ultra's are really snug and the buckles have barely any tension on them. I'm a happy man.

Highly recommend Starting Gate.

Scruffy

Just got back from Starting Gate with a new pair of Hawx Ultra 130's. I told George why I was there (heel issues) and I was interested in whatever option solved my problem. A shell fit quickly showed what I had suspected for a while now; I was in a boot that was one size too big. Bye bye Zipfits, hello new boots.

I have no idea how they'll ski but they fit nice and snug all over, even after warming the shell to widen the toe box. With my Vacuums I had to crank down the third and fourth buckles so tight I was convinced they'd snap. The Ultra's are really snug and the buckles have barely any tension on them. I'm a happy man.

Highly recommend Starting Gate.

Common problem: too big a shell. The fact that they feel too snug for you now is a good sign. Once you start skiing, you'll forget all about any snug feelings, and simply relish the improved performance. I hope you got an orthotic fit foot bed while you were at it?

TheArchitect

Common problem: too big a shell. The fact that they feel too snug for you now is a good sign. Once you start skiing, you'll forget all about any snug feelings, and simply relish the improved performance. I hope you got an orthotic fit foot bed while you were at it?

I already have Instaprints and put them in the new boots.