• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Don't care what "they" say, I DON'T like...

Trekchick

Rossi's
duck.gif

Thongs

deadheadskier

Staff member
What am I supposed to do, put on a Sugar Magnolias soundtrack or some other wimpy crap like that?

Hey don't knock it until you try it. When I was 13 I entered Okemo's bumps and bamboo competition. The division was for 13-18 year olds. I did not request the tune, but Sugar Magnolia was the tune that was playing during my run. For whatever reason, I must have gotten possessed by Nelson Carmaichle as I took 2nd place in the bumps portion of the competition even though I was the youngest competitor.

Sadly, the height of my bump skiing glory and prowess came early in life. My 13 year old self would whoop my nearly 33 year old self. :lol:

oh and Greg, quit being so defensive. It's perfectly fine if you want to rock out at the radical Incubus concert next to middle schoolers. :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Hey don't knock it until you try it. When I was 13 I entered Okemo's bumps and bamboo competition. The division was for 13-18 year olds. I did not request the tune, but Sugar Magnolia was the tune that was playing during my run. For whatever reason, I must have gotten possessed by Nelson Carmaichle as I took 2nd place in the bumps portion of the competition even though I was the youngest competitor.

Sadly, the height of my bump skiing glory and prowess came early in life. My 13 year old self would whoop my nearly 33 year old self. :lol:

oh and Greg, quit being so defensive. It's perfectly fine if you want to rock out at the radical Incubus concert next to middle schoolers. :lol:

Wow. For a 33 year old (younger than me) you sure do sound like an old fart.

2knees

I don't like the cheezy grunge / top 40 pop rock Greg uses as soundtracks for his videos requiring me to watch them on mute. Take off the flannel shirt and ripped jeans Greg, Kurt Cobain is dead and Sound Garden blows. :smash:

LOL. I download the videos, pop them into windows movie maker and add my own soundtrack. :razz:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wow. For a 33 year old (younger than me) you sure do sound like an old fart.

not an old fart, just wise enough to get out of the teenbopper music scene when I was a teenager.....unlike some middle aged men around these parts :cough:greg:cough

Greg

Staff member
not an old fart, just wise enough to get out of the teenbopper music scene when I was a teenager.....unlike some middle aged men around these parts :cough:greg:cough

I can live with that.

2knees

hey, at least you have some modern tunes in your collection. My CD collection is made up almost entirely of dead, stones, police, old reggae and the allman brothers.

deadheadskier

Staff member
hey, at least you have some modern tunes in your collection. My CD collection is made up almost entirely of dead, stones, police, old reggae and the allman brothers.

That was the case with me up until about ten years ago. I had grown tired of seeing bigger stadium type shows. I started to getting into mainly smaller regional bands with some a bit bigger, but not stadium size concert bands. Now I listen to a lot of: Assembly of Dust, Ryan Montbleau Band, The Brew, Nate Wilson Group, Ekoostik Hookah, Gov't Mule, Widespread Panic, STS9, Disco Biscuits, Soulive, Greyboy All Stars, moe.

Greg

Staff member

I listen to satellite radio mostly just to hear some new stuff. I listened to classic rock for years and it just started to get stale for me.

Dr Skimeister

I find the best radio (is that an oxymoron?) is college radio. Music that's typically not play-list dictated and more stuff that's under the commercial radar. Most are commercial-free, NPR stations. And many web-cast.

There is also an internet-only station that originates here in NJ. Very cool that they're not under the FCC's constraints as far as number of songs from a given album that can be played per show, language, etc.

Some favorites....

www.wfuv.org
www.wnti.org

www.homegrownradionj.com

I don't like the cheezy grunge / top 40 pop rock Greg uses as soundtracks for his videos requiring me to watch them on mute. Take off the flannel shirt and ripped jeans Greg, Kurt Cobain is dead and Sound Garden blows. :smash:

Hahahaha..1994 called and they want their music back..now Third Eye Blind is some good shit though..lol..from the late 1990s..I wish you could step off of that ledge my friend...

drjeff

I just don't like any type of food that has either mayonaise or peppers in/on it

Greg

Staff member
I just don't like any type of food that has either mayonaise or peppers in/on it

I'm kinda with you on the mayo thing, but I do like cold potato or macaroni salads. Crap with hot mayo like artichoke dips and stuff though? :puke:

drjeff

How far does the mayo-hate go? You won't touch deviled eggs????

howto_eggsfinished.jpg

Nope, if deviled eggs are around as an appetizer/munchy food at a party I'm at, I'm definately NOT going to be taking any away from the folks that like them.

In my book, the ONLY time that mayo is remotely acceptable is if it's being spread over a piece of swordfish with some lemon just BEFORE it's placed on the grill.