• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Opens Tomorrow 9AM

snowmonster

Lifted from the SR Community board:

Sunday River is the First Resort in the East to Open for a Third Year in a Row!
B-roll and digital pictures of Sunday River’s opening will be available to download starting at 4 p.m. EST: http://www.sundayriver.com/Corporate/Media/Video_BRoll.html

Newry, MAINE (Oct. 14, 2009) – For the past two years Sunday River has been the first resort in the East to open, doing so on Halloween both times, and today, they’re staking the claim once more opening a full 13 days before Halloween and every other East Coast ski area out there. Sunday River will offer free skiing and riding this afternoon until 3:30 p.m.

Sunday River received three inches of natural snow yesterday, October 13, and has used this and the cold temperatures this past week to make enough man-made snow to open.

“Cold temperatures and advanced snowmaking technologies including tower guns and fan guns helped us open,” said Dana Bullen, Sunday River General Manager. “Opening ahead of the pack is a great treat to offer skiers and riders across New England and we’re proud to be able to stake this claim for a third year in a row.”

Tomorrow, lift access will begin at 9 a.m. and will remain open though Sunday, before temporarily closing for the following midweek period.

Open terrain includes the upper mountain and is for advanced skiers and riders only.

Lift tickets starting tomorrow will be $25 for all ages, and can be purchased out of Barker Base Lodge.

Lift access will be on the Locke Mountain Triple. Additional trails may open for the weekend depending on temperatures and snowmaking. Updates and conditions reports will be posted online at www.sundayriver.com.

###

Sunday River celebrates its 50th Birthday on December 19, 2009 with a kick-off party that will last all season long. A true four-season destination, Sunday River offers eight interconnected peaks of world-class skiing and snowboarding, two Grand Resort Hotels and golf at the highly acclaimed Sunday River Golf Club. Sunday River is a member of the Boyne USA Resorts family of resorts and attractions and is located in Newry, Maine amidst the scenic Mahoosuc Range. Follow us: www.sundayriver.com www.facebook.com/sundayriver and @sundayriver

MrMagic

awsome good for them, hope K opens friday or sat so i can get some turns in

bvibert

Staff member
Damn SR for being so far away from me!

That is seriously impressive! Nice work SR! :spread:

wa-loaf

Can't go this weekend. If they are still open the weekend after I might have to give it a shot and get the Jones out. Who wants to watch my kids?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
The bigger deal we make out of this, the more competition it will create. And competition between ski resorts benefits us all.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Can't go this weekend. If they are still open the weekend after I might have to give it a shot and get the Jones out. Who wants to watch my kids?

Can either of them swing a six pound splitting maul? I got plenty of elm down here to keep them busy for a while.

Vortex

They are shooting for top to bottom very soon. All the bs is just Bs We are making turns. Something about moeny where your mouth is. The River folk get to be smug for a few days. Yahoo

Grassi21

Can either of them swing a six pound splitting maul? I got plenty of elm down here to keep them busy for a while.

Maul this! I've borrowed my friends 25 ton log splitter. I'm in love.

wa-loaf

They weigh 34 and 39 lbs, so er no. But they do love to run around with sticks and hit things with them.