• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What counts as a 'ski day'?

Greg

Staff member
I think we had this discussion before. I skied for about an hour tonight. Does that count? How about the 90 minute session cruising the greens with my kids? At the end of the day, I know the real answer is: nobody gives a crap, but just thought I'd ask.... :oops:

gmcunni

I think we had this discussion before. I skied for about an hour tonight. Does that count? How about the 90 minute session cruising the greens with my kids? At the end of the day, I know the real answer is: nobody gives a crap, but just thought I'd ask.... :oops:

i count kid days. did you sneak in some drills on the flats?

but u r correct, nobody cares.

Greg

Staff member
i count kid days. did you sneak in some drills on the flats?

Tonight I skied a groomed Gunny exclusively. Along with two of my mogul-loving brethren. :eek: The bumps are....well..........rough....as I understand it. Wouldn't know myself since I never skied them.

No drills. Just big turns on the Wateas tonight.

bvibert

Staff member
I skied for 2 hours tonight, that counts. I didn't count the 3 runs I did after work on Saturday, or the one run down Little Joe with my daughter last week.

Like you said, no one cares one way of the other though....

mondeo

If you're on skis, you're on skis. I always try to get 3 runs in, even if it's super crappy, but just one run helps refresh the feeling of having skis under you.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
If you're on skis, you're on skis. I always try to get 3 runs in, even if it's super crappy, but just one run helps refresh the feeling of having skis under you.

If you're clicked in and sliding down a hill, that's good in my book

One run and its on the list. More effort there than sitting in the living room.

You put on skis and take at least one run, its a ski day.

if you ski, and have fun=ski day!! :)

Sounds good to me! :beer:

(Otherwise, I have no ski days yet this season! :eek:)

bvibert

Staff member
I skied for 2 hours tonight, that counts. I didn't count the 3 runs I did after work on Saturday, or the one run down Little Joe with my daughter last week.

Like you said, no one cares one way of the other though....

Eh, screw it, I'm counting those days anyway. ;)

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I think a much better barometer is skiing hours. Kind of like how you deal with boat engines..how many hours of running time. Makes it more even than "ski days" which as this thread demonstrates means different things to different people.

But, alas, in the end, who gives a shit.

WWF-VT

I think we had this discussion before. I skied for about an hour tonight. Does that count?

Technically it's a "ski night" not a "ski day". Now we'll have to figure out at what time does a "day" become a "night". My vote is 6 PM or sunset or whichever comes first.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Technically it's a "ski night" not a "ski day". Now we'll have to figure out at what time does a "day" become a "night". My vote is 6 PM or sunset or whichever comes first.

Sunset is ~ 4:30PM right now... ;) So what happens if you cross over the threshold? Does it count as 2? :cool:

HD333

Ride a lift (or earn it), ski/board down at least once = A ski day and you deserve a beer just for making the effort IMHO.

But as other said WGAS.

HD

Vortex

If I ski during the day and night I count it as one day. Days don't really matter, but at the end of the season I break down the days skied and amount of money spent and I enjoy the lowest ratio of days skied to dollars spent. I only take pass price into account. If I took lodging and equiptment and apres ski..... Bad math, fun but bad.:-D

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
If I ski during the day and night I count it as one day. Days don't really matter, but at the end of the season I break down the days skied and amount of money spent and I enjoy the lowest ratio of days skied to dollars spent. I only take pass price into account. If I took lodging and equiptment and apres ski..... Bad math, fun but bad.:-D
I actually had one day last season where we did that... opening day at Sundown, we skied in the morning, went home & took a nap, then came back for a night session. And yes, I counted it as one day.

skiadikt

yeah i kind of operate on the 3 run rule though i've probably never done less than 5. if i'm earning then 1 run is a ski day.