• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
deals.boston.com is rocking. Look at all the stuff that came out this week.

47% off THE Ride & Ski Card - season-long discounts from 28 mountains in the northeast!

$50 for $100 toward Club Smugglers' vacation packages at Smugglers’ Notch Resort in Vermont, choose from three options starting at $79 per person per night

Ski and stay in Killington! Ski packages for two at North Star Lodge & Resort

Après-ski eats in Killington: $20 for $40 worth of dinner at Sushi Yoshi

Half off lift tickets at Sugarbush Resort in Vermont

$50 for $100 worth of ski apparel, equipment, and tune-ups at Ski Stop in Canton and Westwood

Half off early season lift tickets to Stratton Mountain Ski Resort in Vermont

$22 for a full-day lift ticket at Owl’s Head mountain in Quebec, Canada (worth $45)

$10 for a ski or snowboard wax and sharpen at New England Action Sports in Warwick, RI

$257 for a two-night ski-in/ski-out New Hampshire retreat at The Mountain Club on Loon (worth $459)

Up to half off lift tickets plus 20% off lodging at Bolton Valley in Vermont

Shop Lahout's online and in-store: $50 for $100 toward ski and snowboard clothing, accessories, and gear

$235 for a two-night winter vacation package at The Lodge at Mount Snow (worth up to $495)

$30 for a full-day lift ticket at Saddleback Mountain in Maine (worth $59)

Half off lift tickets, rentals, and beginner ski packages at Whaleback Mountain in New Hampshire

Après-ski eats: $15 for $30 worth of dinner at Charity’s 1887 Saloon and Restaurant in Killington

Half off ski and snowboard tune-ups at Country Ski & Sport in Quincy, Hanson, and Westwood

Up to 60% off fall and winter skiers’ getaways at Stowehof Inn & Resort in Stowe, VT

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Livingsocial has a deal for SR. Link

Fine print:
Limit one per person, additional as gifts • Limit one per person per visit • Valid any day through December 24, 2011 • Entire value must be used in a single visit • Other conditions apply • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 24, 2011

It's also on Yipit.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Nice summary, Billski. The Owl's Head offer is not valid President's Week. It is cheap enough at full rate that I won't mind paying walk up that week when my stateside deals are not valid.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Nice summary, Billski. The Owl's Head offer is not valid President's Week. It is cheap enough at full rate that I won't mind paying walk up that week when my stateside deals are not valid.

Good points. Every deal has its fine print. Buyer beware - read the fine print before pushing the "buy" button for every single one.

steamboat1

Lodge Rates:
Last Year's temporary oil surcharge has been replaced with a permanent rate increase.
Member 2 day weekend rate is now Adults $60 Juniors $30.
Guest 2 day weekend rate is now Adults $90; Juniors $45.
Member 3 day weekend rate is Adults $96; Juniors $48
Guest 3 day weekend rate is Adults $144; Juniors $72
The daily rate is Members $24; Guests $36 with Jr Members $ 12; Jr Guests $18
2 day weekend rate includes Sat., Sun. breakfast & Sat. night dinner.
3 day weekend rate includes Sat. Sun. Mon. breakfast & Sat. Sun. dinner.
Daily rate includes breakfast only.

The lodge is located 20 minutes from Killington/Pico.

BenedictGomez

That mountainsportsclub worked out pretty well.

It cost me $29.95, but with that I get a Smuggs lift ticket "free" for joining, so I'm already ahead since a Smuggs tic costs much more than $30. But the beauty is the membership will allow me to print out Buy One Get One free vouchers to both Plattekill and Jay Peak all year long (ex-holidays). So net/net, I should end up saving some additional money.

If anyone else wants to do this, the owner did tell me they're likely going to sell out of the "free Smuggs ticket for joining" promotion this weekend so you'd have to hurry (code is Smuggs11), but they still have Shawnee and Plattekill freebies for joining.

www.mountainsportsclub.com

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Living Social Alta

Alta Peruvian Lodge
Two- ($523) or Three-Night ($730) Stay for Two in an Alpine or Chalet Room, Three Meals a Day for Two, One Day Ski Rentals for Two, and Two $50 Ski Salt Lake Super Pass Vouchers
$523

imit one per person, up to one additional as a gift • Reservations required and subject to availability • Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture • Not valid on existing reservations • Based upon double occupancy • Black out dates include December 24, 2011 - December 31, 2011 & February 17, 2012 - March 3, 2012 • Additional nights available at a discounted rate • Two (2) $50 Ski Salt Lake Super Pass Lift Ticket Coupons must be redeemed at your Living Social Escapes lodging supplier/property. Each $50 Ski Salt Lake Super Pass Coupon must be used on a 3+ day Ski Salt Lake Super Pass Lift Ticket Purchase. Only one (1) $50 Discount Coupon per 3+ day Ski Salt Lake Super Pass can be used. Discount will be provided at the hotel when purchasing your Super Pass lift tickets. This coupon is only good for the Ski Salt Lake Super Pass - Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, and Solitude Multi-Resort Ski Pass. Coupons are non-transferrable, non-refundable. • Other conditions apply • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 14, 2012

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Berkshire East

$5.00 off lift tickets:

AAA (Northeast promotion): Show your AAA card and get $5.00 off your lift ticket. This deal is also good for all of your immediate family members. Valid anytime.

MTA (Massachusetts Teacher’s Association): Educators show your MTA card get $5.00 off lift tickets. This deal is also good for all of your immediate family members. Valid anytime.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Liftopia

Chatting with the Liftopia boys today.

MRG has joined the fray. I'm surprised, but that's good news for us.

Attitash has jumped in with some pretty aggressive discounting
Waterville and Burke also have aggressive pricing.
All three have loaded dates pretty far out.

The others, well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Cheap on!

mlkrgr

Chatting with the Liftopia boys today.

MRG has joined the fray. I'm surprised, but that's good news for us.

Attitash has jumped in with some pretty aggressive discounting
Waterville and Burke also have aggressive pricing.
All three have loaded dates pretty far out.

The others, well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Cheap on!

Good to see that; though I noticed that there will only be 2 for 1s at Waterville on Mondays this year vs Mondays and Fridays years prior, but the regular midweek price went down $6; and it looks like no more wheel of deals on the 2 for 1 days; so it looks like they are removing the extreme highs and extreme lows of their pricing cycle as far as midweek goes.

I'm still waiting on my favorite deal; the mall vouchers to get a free Wachusett, Cranmore, or Wildcat ticket with every $250 in AmEx GCs purchased (which was the deal past few years), which I then use on everyday expenses (gas, food, etc). It should be coming out within the next week or so as it's usually out sometime around the weekend before Thanksgiving; so still a little early for that deal.

And it looks like bus/ lift ticket package pricing at BSSC and Riteway is up $2 and $4 respectively, unless you buy 3 trips at the latter as a package, in which the cost is $222, which is something new they are offering. And regular pricing for most weekend trips at New England Snow Bus is up to $79 (even $79 to some dates to Waterville); much fewer $75 and $69 trips are available vs last year but you never know what will happen on their Facebook page. But the $69 bus and lift ticket to Sunday River on Thursday is a good deal. Nacski hasn't announced the trip schedule/pricing yet but they usually make up the schedule as they go and announce buses at least 4-6 weeks ahead of time.

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
BUMP! Most of these deals are ON until WEDNESDAY 11-16. Go for it!

deals.boston.com is rocking. Look at all the stuff that came out this week.

47% off THE Ride & Ski Card - season-long discounts from 28 mountains in the northeast!

$50 for $100 toward Club Smugglers' vacation packages at Smugglers’ Notch Resort in Vermont, choose from three options starting at $79 per person per night

Ski and stay in Killington! Ski packages for two at North Star Lodge & Resort

Après-ski eats in Killington: $20 for $40 worth of dinner at Sushi Yoshi

Half off lift tickets at Sugarbush Resort in Vermont

$50 for $100 worth of ski apparel, equipment, and tune-ups at Ski Stop in Canton and Westwood

Half off early season lift tickets to Stratton Mountain Ski Resort in Vermont

$22 for a full-day lift ticket at Owl’s Head mountain in Quebec, Canada (worth $45)

$10 for a ski or snowboard wax and sharpen at New England Action Sports in Warwick, RI

$257 for a two-night ski-in/ski-out New Hampshire retreat at The Mountain Club on Loon (worth $459)

Up to half off lift tickets plus 20% off lodging at Bolton Valley in Vermont

Shop Lahout's online and in-store: $50 for $100 toward ski and snowboard clothing, accessories, and gear

$235 for a two-night winter vacation package at The Lodge at Mount Snow (worth up to $495)

$30 for a full-day lift ticket at Saddleback Mountain in Maine (worth $59)

Half off lift tickets, rentals, and beginner ski packages at Whaleback Mountain in New Hampshire

Après-ski eats: $15 for $30 worth of dinner at Charity’s 1887 Saloon and Restaurant in Killington

Half off ski and snowboard tune-ups at Country Ski & Sport in Quincy, Hanson, and Westwood

Up to 60% off fall and winter skiers’ getaways at Stowehof Inn & Resort in Stowe, VT

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
BROMLEY Value Tickets 2011/12
Save up to $15 off our holiday lift ticket price! - Must purchase at least 5 tickets before December 6, 2011. Holiday Dates are 12/26/11 - 1/1/12; 1/14 - 1/16/12; 2/18-2/24/12.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Stowe

Stowe Mountain Resort
Get your "Green" on and buy a $35 lift ticket available only on March 17th St. Patricks Day!

Bring your GPS and join the "Hunt for the Golden Goggles" and be entered to win a pair of skiis or snowboard. Visit stowe.com for more information and for GPS location hints!

bousquet19

Ski the Berkshires: $40 for a lift ticket, lesson, rental, and access pass at Bousquet Mountain (worth $80)

deals.boston.com

Nice gift idea! The only blackouts are MLK and President's weekends so this one appears to be good during Christmas Week.

Woody

PS Thanks to all who posted ideas for discounts at Loon, Attitash, Wildcat, etc.