• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ok...This weather sucks!

Savemeasammy

Everyone is in such a rush. Enjoy fall. Get things done so you don't have to when the snow falls. Life goes by quick enough as it is.

Agree. There will be a few less unfinished projects looming over me all winter because of this weather. I can deal with it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
There is 2+ weekes till Thanksgiving. No one on this forum (not event the weather savvy people) know what Turkey Day will bring. Yes the trend is for it to be warmer... but one 3 day stretch of cold weather and snow could bring two feet.

"warmer than average" is BS when the average is below freezing at night. The average low at Killington is in the upper 20s at this time of year. 30 degrees and snow will still go down in the books as "above average". If January was "above average" no one would make a big deal of it because "above average" would mean single-digit lows and 20 degree highs... still "above average".

wa-loaf

Go West? Stuff is opening up all over out there.

This is my friend earning some turns at Beaver Creek:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7672.jpg
    IMG_7672.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 333

tnt1234

There is 2+ weekes till Thanksgiving. No one on this forum (not event the weather savvy people) know what Turkey Day will bring. Yes the trend is for it to be warmer... but one 3 day stretch of cold weather and snow could bring two feet.

"warmer than average" is BS when the average is below freezing at night. The average low at Killington is in the upper 20s at this time of year. 30 degrees and snow will still go down in the books as "above average". If January was "above average" no one would make a big deal of it because "above average" would mean single-digit lows and 20 degree highs... still "above average".

Love the east coast optimism!

(But I just searched for early dec. flights to Utah.....)

dlague

Love the east coast optimism!

(But I just searched for early dec. flights to Utah.....)

That seems like a good idea!

Here I sit with the day off with original plans to ski Killington and instead it is f'n pouring out. This weather does suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Smellytele

K has a 18-24 hour window this weekend to make snow...followed by temps in the 50s midweek.

Friday Night
Snow showers likely, mainly between 8pm and midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Very windy, with a northwest wind 37 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 34 to 37 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. Windy, with a northwest wind 28 to 34 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph.

Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Windy, with a west wind 31 to 36 mph decreasing to 22 to 27 mph in the afternoon.

Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Windy, with a northwest wind 28 to 33 mph decreasing to 18 to 23 mph after midnight.

Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. West wind 11 to 15 mph.

Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. Southwest wind around 10 mph.

Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Breezy, with a southwest wind 13 to 20 mph.

Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Breezy, with a southwest wind 18 to 23 mph.

Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Windy, with a west wind 23 to 26 mph.

Tin

Thanksgiving week skiing only on the ridge with stairs and downloading is looking like a real possibility.

JDMRoma

This
attachment.php

is not looking great for Franconia...

15 day looks no better !

Probably first time in years I will shop on Black Friday. For what ever else I need .... Goggles !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone