• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2015-16 Edition

yeggous

If anyone is looking for AttiCat tickets on a Sunday, send me a PM. I'll have some to sell, but I have to be present to use them. I'm looking for $40 each.

dlague

Attitash/Wildcat---not a great deal but you don;t have to lock in to Liftopia if you know you will go at some point later this season.

https://www.seizethedeal.com/deals/...ng&utm_source=sailthru&utm_term=New Hampshire

Even better

8th Annual Military Salute Weekend this Saturday and Sunday, JAN 23-24. Attitash will honor our nation’s defenders with FREE lift tickets for active duty, veteran and retired service men and women as well as discounted lift tickets ($45 All Ages) for active duty family members with ID* on January 23 and 24. While all events take place at Attitash, Wildcat Mountain, located in Pinkham Notch just 20 minutes from Attitash, will also be offering free lift tickets for active, veteran and retired service men and women on January 23 and 24.

Also Ride and Ski tour stop is at Attitash unfortunately the Ride and Ski deal ($49) for Attitash is not much better then the on xwhaler pointed out. But hey if you are there check out the party! PM me for some swag.

abc

Well I guess there's no weekly SOTC this week so here we go.

Check out liftopia. Plattekill Sunday is only $36. Even better than the Flex ticket deal!

VTKilarney

People should really consider the Eastern Townships in Quebec.

Here are some promotions, a couple of which have been posted before:
Owl's Head: Tuesday and Wednesday for $21.75 CAD. ($15 USD)
Orford: Tuesday-Thursday for $30 CAD ($21 USD) adults, $20 CAD ($14 USD) children. Add $5 USD per person for lunch at their restaurant.
Bromont: $34 USD for two tickets good any day of the week. This offer is limited to non-Quebec residents.
For non-Quebec residents, they also offer the Sweet Pass. It gets you unlimited alpine skiing, mountain bike riding, and access to their water park. The pass is only $199 CAD ($140 USD) for adults and $169 ($119 USD) for children. The pass is good for one year.

One HUGE reason to consider Quebec is that their school vacation schedule is different than New England's. You can completely escape the crowds during President's Day week if you ski in Quebec.

VTKilarney

The Bromont Sweet Pass is an even better deal than I had realized. It also includes one night in one of their partner hotels as long as you book a second night. The Chateau Bromont is one of their partner hotels.

I think that I will get this pass next year. We like to ski in Quebec during Vermont's school vacation period, and we spend a lot of time in the area in the summer so we will definitely use the water park enough to make it worthwhile.

For this summer we have Jay Peak Pump House passes already purchased ($249 for a family of four from May 1 until late November), so it's not worth it this year.

And if you are considering a vacation in the Eastern Townships, don't forget that lodging is super cheap right now thanks to the exchange rate. $1 USD will get you $1.41 CAD.

We just booked a couple of nights at St. Christophe Hotel in Granby (which is the nicest hotel in Granby - although that's admittedly relative) for $100 including a full cooked breakfast for four people. There are lots of other options for around $50-$60.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Well I nailed this prediction.

Don't know for how long this has been lowered, but they slashed the price to $125. Decent deal if you can get to 3 mountains now, awesome deal if you can get to 4 or more.

Ironically I still wont be buying it now even though it's my favorite " SOTC deal", because it's almost February now, and I had to plan on the season without it and loaded up on too many other bargains, BOGOs, and deals.

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/good-deals/cards

SkiRay

Don't know for how long this has been lowered, but they slashed the price to $125. Decent deal if you can get to 3 mountains now, awesome deal if you can get to 4 or more.

Ironically I still wont be buying it now even though it's my favorite " SOTC deal", because it's almost February now, and I had to plan on the season without it and loaded up on too many other bargains, BOGOs, and deals.

Now that is a deal! One day pass at each of these resorts!

Smellytele

Same here no need for it. May have a hard time using what I have already.

MEtoVTSkier

People should really consider the Eastern Townships in Quebec.

Here are some promotions, a couple of which have been posted before:
Owl's Head: Tuesday and Wednesday for $21.75 CAD. ($15 USD)
Orford: Tuesday-Thursday for $30 CAD ($21 USD) adults, $20 CAD ($14 USD) children. Add $5 USD per person for lunch at their restaurant.
Bromont: $34 USD for two tickets good any day of the week. This offer is limited to non-Quebec residents.
For non-Quebec residents, they also offer the Sweet Pass. It gets you unlimited alpine skiing, mountain bike riding, and access to their water park. The pass is only $199 CAD ($140 USD) for adults and $169 ($119 USD) for children. The pass is good for one year.

One HUGE reason to consider Quebec is that their school vacation schedule is different than New England's. You can completely escape the crowds during President's Day week if you ski in Quebec.

Yep, but it's a non-starter for those that do not have a NEXUS Card or Passport...

KustyTheKlown

really hope they don't discontinue this next year due to poor sales. it's a great deal. girlfriend and i have already used our smuggler's day, and we intend to get up for weekends at gore/whiteface, cannon/loon, bolton/pico in february/march, and i'll use both our cards for a solo weekend at MRG at some points. annoyed that its blacked-out 2/20-21. girlfriend has an event that weekend and i really cant take her to MRG.

KustyTheKlown

really hope they don't discontinue this next year due to poor sales. it's a great deal. girlfriend and i have already used our smuggler's day, and we intend to get up for weekends at gore/whiteface, cannon/loon, bolton/pico in february/march, and i'll use both our cards for a solo weekend at MRG at some points. annoyed that its blacked-out 2/20-21. girlfriend has an event that weekend and i really cant take her to MRG.