• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PSA: Look PX 12 Binders on SAC

Greg

Staff member
Thanks. THAT is a good deal. Yeah - another bad character causing their feed to not validate...

Crock

PX12 lifter binding question

just looking for a quick repsonse here, so I apologize if this isn't in the correct forum.

I just bought some Look PX12 Lifter bindings because the deal was too good to pass u, howerver I'm mostly a park/freeride skier and do not want a lifted binding. Could anyone tell me if it's possible to mount these without the lifters? if yes, would I need shorter screws and where can i get them? Thanks!

tree_skier

assuming you can detach the plate it might be possible, however with the heel having more lift then the toe it would put the heel lower not where i would want to be.

tree_skier

They will go on a flat ski (6.5 mm heel, 6.0mm toe lift built in) or on a plate. Most plates are set up for 1 binding brand ie rossi's use look, head & fischer use tyrolia. You will find that shops push the ski brand for the binding but as long as the holes match the plate thats what is important. with a flat (no plate) ski any brand will work you just have to find a shop with that brands jig to mount it. ie one that sells rossi's for look bindings.