• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trail to Recovery 06'

catskills

Anyone know if this is a legit not for profit organization.

http://www.trailtorecovery.org/

I was thinking about donating until I saw the Las Vegas address. Now I am not so sure. It seems like a nice way to help injuried veterans. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
They seem legit, although I have no first-hand experience. They're a 501(c)3, so they're a real registered non-profit, and the founder's bio does indicate that he "is currently living with his wife Dawn in Las Vegas, NV. He continues to work for the Air Force in a civilian capacity, and is also working toward a degree in Business Administration under the VA’s Vocational Rehabilitation Program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)" which explains the Vegas address.

So I *think* so but offer no guarantees. Seems like a noble intention; I am surprised to not have heard about it since they started their hike back in mid-July.

They do seem to be lagging in recent updates, though.