• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineReplay

BenedictGomez

x10003q

I tried Phresheez 2 seasons ago and really never got it to work right. Last season I tried alpine replay and it worked pretty well. I have a droid 2. It would grind up the battery pretty good (50% left around lunch)so I used to charge the phone at lunch. I should do a better job with the set up of the app. The data is real interesting.

emmaurice2

I've been really happy with AR overall. It doesn't drain my battery. Occasionally it will drop parts of my runs and sometimes it shows that I've been skiing in the woods, which I rarely do.

Cannonball

I've been really happy with AR overall. It doesn't drain my battery. Occasionally it will drop parts of my runs and sometimes it shows that I've been skiing in the woods, which I rarely do.

I definitely like the performance of AR. But it shows where I've been skiing in the woods, so I don't like to use the public features of it.

speden

I was planning to try out AlpineReplay on Friday, but when I got to the slope I forgot to start it. Wish it could be set to notice when I'm at a ski area and do a pop up alert to ask if I want to turn it on.

laxski

I have used it for 12 days and think it's great some new features this year.has made skiing man-made groomers due to lack of snow much more interesting.I use it at Mt Snow and am usually in the woods or on natural trails

skiNEwhere

I don't get how alpine replay calculates airtime. It doesn't work very well either. There have been quite a few times I've gotten air and it didn't record it. There's also been times I haven't gotten air time but it says I did.

I'm guessing it has some sort of algorithm that is supposed to tell if you're in the air based on the arc and trajectory you are traveling? Because there is no way it can tell the base of the snow you're on.

wakenbacon

Im pretty sure its not by gps. A few years ago I tried the app and it said my phone wasnt capable of recording jumps/airtime, but everything else worked...

Hawkshot99

The tech in modern day phones is scary. The phone has a accelerometer. It has been many years since physics class, but a object falls at a very specific speed. 9.xx meters per sec is in my head for some reason.
I am guessing when the phone senses that downward speed you are "airborn".

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Hawkshot99

i'm using AR this season but will look for something new next year.

Its free. Its not perfect, but I have been quite happy with the "toy". I would enjoy skiing just as much as I do now if I didnt have it running. Its just fun to look back at some data.

gmcunni

Its free. Its not perfect, but I have been quite happy with the "toy". I would enjoy skiing just as much as I do now if I didnt have it running. Its just fun to look back at some data.

i do like it but i'm having trouble with it this year. glitchy. and there is a paid component, on a per month basis. i was hopign to find something with same features and less buggy. i'd also pay (flat fee) if it were really good. i'm using the AR data in my sig this year rather than TRs here.

wakenbacon

Ive noticed its really buggy when very cold. I think its more the phone than app.