• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is skiing addictive?

dlague

Bump

According to my girlfriend, I'm an addict

I've never had an addiction to drugs or alcohol before, but if I don't get in my one day of skiing a week I do feel like I'm going through withdrawal. Usually involves checking the snow report of every ski resort within 75 miles daily, day dreaming at work when it's slow, and the jonesing factor doubling every day I don't hit the slopes. If I miss a pow days it's even worse.

Yup.

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

Cornhead

Yes, and if you're posting on a ski forum in May, you're officially an addict. Twelve step program? SA, Sliders Anonymous? Gotta admit, gave half a thought of driving to Mt. Washington to join in on the T4T Slackfest last weekend, but fought the urge. One run is too many, seven months is not enough.:D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

dlague

Considering that the season is done (with the exception of a few trips out west or skiing Tucks) and several of us are still posting about skiing, ya - I think you might say it is addicting!

Domeskier

Considering that the season is done (with the exception of a few trips out west or skiing Tucks) and several of us are still posting about skiing, ya - I think you might say it is addicting!

I think in my case it has more to do with Internet addiction!

chuckstah

It's not addictive. Wanting to ski year round is normal. According to me. My wife and friends think differently.

podunk77

Yesterday was a beautiful 80 degree day, my neighbors were out barbecuing and passing out steak sandwiches to whoever stopped by, and I spent most of the afternoon on Google Earth checking out satellite images of ski areas. Put me down as having a problem. :)

skiNEwhere

Yesterday was a beautiful 80 degree day, my neighbors were out barbecuing and passing out steak sandwiches to whoever stopped by, and I spent most of the afternoon on Google Earth checking out satellite images of ski areas. Put me down as having a problem. :)

Been there, done that. Except I'll use google street view at some of the ski resorts where a google employee drove around the trails with a snowmobile.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

jimk

I think in my case it has more to do with Internet addiction!
Word.

Yesterday I spent about an hour of a beautiful June Sunday looking at pictures I took last season to see if there were any hidden jewels I could find with a little cropping and optimizing. Here is one of some random stranger having a nice run, wishing I was back in that environment again :p
LOVELAND POW.jpg

dlague

True to my word! Final line "The world is out playground! I miss the snow!

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1402369612.832895.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1402369630.886049.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1402369652.828711.jpg

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone