• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski dreams

legalskier

So there I am, on my boards in a strange place with snow that's flat but with a steep short drop to the left, so of course, I go left, then go back up the rope tow (seriously)....and each time I lap this alien landscape the snow melts more and more. No!- stop melting! I'm thinking.
Then I woke up in a cold sweat (which is why I remembered it).
Sometimes in the off season my boards & I are at some unknown area that has almost enough snow...but not enough to ski on. Argh!- hurry up & snow already!

So what ski/board dreams have you had?

Ski_Dream_by_D_Cy4.jpg

hippiechick

Ski dream, or borderline nightmare? haha! I've had both, for sure.

My good ones I'm flying down some random terrain, going way faster than I've ever had the sack to actually go in real life, and sometimes I'm actually flying a few feet off the ground. Pretty sweet.

My bad ones usually involve powder. Too much powder. (Yes, there IS such a thing) Tits-deep powder. Stuck. Flat. Not moving. Like, I can't ever find my feet, and I'm stuck in one spot, and oh shit, my skis are off my feet, and I'm poking and poking and flopping around, can't move. Oh boy. Now I'm breaking out in a sweat. Thanks dude.

wa-loaf

They usually involve some sort of frustration, like I'm headed skiing and somehow I end up there and I don't have skis/boots/etc... something always gets in the way of actually skiing in these dreams. Once in a while they pay off and I'm floating down a bunch of powder bumps. Mostly frustration however. :(

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm always tired in my dreams. Like I really want to ski, but there will a bed in the middle of nowhere, and I can't help but just lay down. :lol:

Huck_It_Baby

I dream about skiing constantly and usually I can throw ridiculous rotations and tricks in my dreams while skiing steep powder chutes and cliff drops.

When I was a kid I used to dream about going skiing but forgetting something vital like my boots or one ski and not being able to ski that day.

Huck_It_Baby

How do I remember my dreams?

Wake up and stay in bed. Write down everything you remember as you lay there. Do this every morning and keep it up for a month. See where it takes you. PM if you want more info on dream control and recall.

ScottySkis

Wake up and stay in bed. Write down everything you remember as you lay there. Do this every morning and keep it up for a month. See where it takes you. PM if you want more info on dream control and recall.

Sounds like some thing for non lazy person.:rolleyes:

bdfreetuna

My ski dreams rarely involve much skiing... mostly it's frustration because lifts aren't running, snow is melting fast, or some other pain in the ass situation.

And they usually take place at mountains I've never even been to.

C-Rex

My bad snowboarding dreams usually involve having to wait for my girlfriend who's taking way too long to get her gear on. Every time I think we're ready to go, she makes me wait while she re-does her ponytail, or fixes a glove that's not on just perfectly, or some crap like that. The weird thing is that she's not like that at all. My ex-wife was and I think those subconcious frustrations are just left over from the 5 years of hell spent with her.

In my good dreams, gravity has little effect on me. I can land anything like I'm setting down on a cloud. I can also ride switch as well as I ride regular, to the point where I can't really tell which is more natural to me. The problem is, when I wake up I get a lasting impression from these dreams. I only remember how much I actually suck when I get back on my board. The same thing happens over the summer. I get this idea that I'm better than I actually am in my head and it's only when I get back out for the first time that I get pulled back to reality.

Scruffy

So I'm surrounded by chicks in bikinis, we're skiing A-Basin in July. One of the hottest chicks says "let's head down My Chute for a quick pounding of the glades" ... doh I've said too much, didn't I :oops:

Last edited:

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I can't control (or remember) 90% of my dreams :sad:
There is one I do remember where I was in the Mount Snow base area, but they had a Yan HSQ as a shuttle to the parking lot. I rode it, and it had a lot of turns that led into a canyon (yes, on the Mount Snow parking lot). I think I like chairlifts a little to much!

SIKSKIER

My bad ones usually involve powder. Too much powder. (Yes, there IS such a thing)Tits-deep powder. Stuck. Flat. Not moving. Like, I can't ever find my feet, and I'm stuck in one spot, and oh shit, my skis are off my feet, and I'm poking and poking and flopping around, can't move. Oh boy. Now I'm breaking out in a sweat. Thanks dude.
Post of the week.
The whole paragraph doesn't sound like a nightmare from this end.