• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

steamboat1

If I happen to be heading back home to NY some Thurs. I'll check it out to save me some drive time after skiing. I've skied Magic alot & like the place when there's snow but it's been a few years since I've skied there.

BenedictGomez

This is the 3rd year in a row I'm going to attempt to ski Magic for the first time. Hopefully it pans out. It sounds like Vermont's Plattekill, and if that's even remotely true, I'll like it.

BenedictGomez

If you're in the NYC area, as a head's up the Warren Miller movie is this Saturday night (two showings).

You get FOUR LIFT TICKET VOUCHERS per $22 movie admission. Now, as any red-blooded skiing-on-the-cheap fans knows, that's a pretty amazing deal.

The tickets are Belleayre, Gore, Jiminy Peak, and Sugarbush.

As for restrictions, the Sugarbush ticket is a M-F as it was last year. No word on the others, but Gore was unrestricted last year, and the Jiminy ticket was a BOGO. Belleayre didnt participate, but I'd speculate they'll do whatever Gore does given the NY connection, and as I said last year Gore was unrestricted. Fingers crossed.

Cornhead

Half off Snow Ridge, $19 no restrictions. Pre-pay for cheap powder days, awesome little hill in North-central NY, tons of lake effect snow. $3.75 handling charge, so $22.75, still a great deal.
http://www.wktv.com/marketplace/ski-sale

Last edited:

Cornhead

If you're in the NYC area, as a head's up the Warren Miller movie is this Saturday night (two showings).

You get FOUR LIFT TICKET VOUCHERS per $22 movie admission. Now, as any red-blooded skiing-on-the-cheap fans knows, that's a pretty amazing deal.

The tickets are Belleayre, Gore, Jiminy Peak, and Sugarbush.

As for restrictions, the Sugarbush ticket is a M-F as it was last year. No word on the others, but Gore was unrestricted last year, and the Jiminy ticket was a BOGO. Belleayre didnt participate, but I'd speculate they'll do whatever Gore does given the NY connection, and as I said last year Gore was unrestricted. Fingers crossed.

Sugarbush is the only voucher listed on the WM website. The others must be side deals with the promoter. I'm disappointed Gore isn't a voucher for Binghamton this year, it was last year. It is for Rochester, much further from Gore than Binghamton, WTF?

bheemsoth

Has anyone else not received their Ski Vermont passes yet? We had our credit card charged, but have not yet received them. Two friends of ours did get theirs delivered though.

I know they're a small operation and may still be fulfilling orders, and that's fine since we won't be able to use them for a month at least, but I want to make sure something didn't happen.

ScottySkis

Has anyone else not received their Ski Vermont passes yet? We had our credit card charged, but have not yet received them. Two friends of ours did get theirs delivered though.

I know they're a small operation and may still be fulfilling orders, and that's fine since we won't be able to use them for a month at least, but I want to make sure something didn't happen.

I got mind about 5 days after I ordered it 2 weeks ago.

steamboat1

I got my VT. passes over a week ago.

xwhaler

I also got my SkiVT 3 pass a couple weeks ago. Trying to put together a 2-3 day No Vt wknd with the wife for sometime in March to use these along with my vouchers on Fox44 card.

ScottySkis

Scotty if you ordered 2 weeks ago you're not talking about the same pass. The Ski VT. passes went on sale Oct. 1 & were sold out within hours. You must be talking about that other VT. discount card, forget the name.

http://www.vermonttravelclub.com/
I got this.
[h=2] Stowe Mountain Resort[/h]
logo-stowe.jpg
5781 Mountain Road Stowe, VT 05672 - (802) 253-3000

Redemption Location
Card members will be able to purchase ticket at any ticket window or load on-line on their website once you have your 2014 Stowe Evolution Card.
*Vermont Travel Club members must purchase ($5 fee) or present an Evolution Stowe Card. Please note
the Evolution Stowe Card card is non-refundable.The Evolution Stowe Card uses RFID technology to grant
hands-free access to lifts and replaces the traditional lift ticket. The Evolution Stowe Card is
specific to
each member and has the ability to be reloaded for future visits to Stowe Mountain Resort.

[h=2] Burke Mountain[/h]
logo-burke.jpg
223 Sherburne Lodge Road East Burke, VT (802) 626-7300

Savings (Based on 2011 ski season)

• New lower prices for 2013
  • $42 per day
Redemption Location
Present your membership card at any window. Discount is valid from Feb. 16-23, 2013.

[h=2] Sunday River[/h]
logo-sundayriver.jpg
15 South Ridge Road Newry, ME (207) 824-3000

Present your Vermont Travel Card at any lift ticket window at SundayRiver and save $10 on One-day Lift Tickets. Savings are available on regular priced one-day lift tickets only and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. Savings do not apply to early or late season discounts. Membership card and ID are required. One ticket per member per day may be purchased.

[h=2] Stratton[/h]
logo-stratton.jpg
5 Village Lodge Road Stratton, VT 05360 (802) 297-4000

• Take $10 off window rates
Redemption Location
Present your membership card at any window and get $10 off the ticket window rate, with no blackout dates.

[h=2] Mount Snow[/h]
logo-mtsnow.jpg
39 Mount Snow Road Dover, Vermont 05356 (802) 464-4254

New for 2013 you no black out dates! Plus, you can save more when you purchase multi day tickets! For exapmle this winter you pay just $46 for early season adult ticket and only $63 for peak Saturday or save more and ski on Sunday and pay just $54. Mount Snow also offers lower priced lift tickets for youth and seniors. Click on lift ticket link below for complete list of ticket prices.
Redemption Location
To purchase your lift tickets you must go the Group Sales Office is located in the Clocktower Building Monday through Friday from 8:30AM - 1:00PM and in the Sundance Base Lodge weekends and holidays from 7:30AM - 1:00PM.

[h=2] Okemo[/h]
logo-okemo.jpg
77 Okemo Ridge Road Ludlow, VT 05149 (802) 228-4041

New this year Saturday lift tickets now available!
For example this winter you pay just $75 for Saturday Adult Ticket or save more on Sunday and pay just $64. Mount Snow also offers lower priced lift tickets for youth and seniors. Plus, you can save more when you purchase multi day tickets! Click on lift ticket link below for complete list of ticket prices.
Redemption Location
VERMONT TRAVEL CLUB MEMEBRS PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE GOING TO OKEMO - Card members will be able to receive their discounted tickets by presenting their membership card and an i.d. at the Group Sales Center seven days a week between the hours of 8 am and 12 pm.

[h=2] Killington[/h]
logo-killington.jpg
4763 Killington Road Killington, VT (802) 422-6200

• Take $10 off the window rate for the 2013 / 2014 season!
Redemption Location
Take $10 off the window rate and present your Vermont Travel Club Card and photo id at any window. No blackout dates!

[h=2] Smuggler's Notch[/h]
logo-smuggs.jpg
4323 Vermont 108 Jeffersonville, VT 05464 (802) 644-8851

• Take $15 off the window rate at any ticket window
Redemption Location
Take $15 off the window rate at any ticket window (Blackout dates, Dec. 25-Jan. 1 2013; Jan. 19-21, 2012; Feb. 16-24, 2013).

[h=2] Bolton Valley[/h]
logo-bolton.jpg
Bolton Valley Access Road Bolton, VT 05676 (802) 434-6806

You Pay:

• $35 Midweek per day
  • $45 Weekend per day
Redemption Location
Card members will be able to receive their discounted tickets by presenting their membership card and photo id at any ticket window.

[h=2] Jay Peak[/h]
logo-jaypeak.jpg
830 Jay Peak Village Road Jay, VT 05859 (802) 988-2611

Savings (Based on 2012/ 2013 ski season)
Lift ticket prices... you save up to $23 per day for 2013/ 2014!

• $46 for a (1) day
  • $92 for a (2) day
  • $138 for a (3) day
  • $184 for a (4) day
Redemption Location
Card members will be able to receive their discounted tickets by presenting their memebership card and photo id at the Customer Service Center (Tram Base Lodge).

[h=2] Sugarbush[/h]
logo-sugarbush.jpg
1840 Sugarbush Access Road Warren, VT 05674 (800) 537-8427

Savings : Save $38 over the window rate. Good for Sundays - Fridays
For the 2013-2014 Travel Club Winter Season, Sugarbush Resort is offering the following:

• Good for Sunday - Friday, $51 with your Club Card !
  • Travel Club Members can purchase lift ticket at any ticket window with your Vermont Travel Club Card and valid i.d. Please note if you do not have your card you will not be able to purchase lift ticket at our club price.
  • Black out periods are 12/25 to 1/5, 1.20 and 2/15 to 2/23.

[h=2] Mad River Glen[/h]
mad-river-glen.jpg
57 Schuss Pass Fayston, VT 05673 (802) 496-3551

2012-2013 Vermont Travel Club Members Ticket Price at Mad River Glen
Mid week – Monday to Friday is $39 per day
Travel Club Members can purchase lift ticket at any ticket window with your Vermont Travel Club Card and valid i.d. Please note if you do not have your card you will not be able to purchase lift ticket at our club price.
Black out dates: 12/26/2012 - 1/2/2013, 1/19-21, 2013 and 2/16 -24/2013

[h=2] Salt Lake Super Pass[/h] Placeholder...

[h=3]Get your card and Save ![/h] Purchase your Vermont Travel Club Card(s)and enjoy the savings! Individual cards at $44 anda Family Membership for $159 for 4 or more!

[h=3]Membership Details[/h] Receive discounted lift tickets lodging packages and much more...

dlague

Scotty if you ordered 2 weeks ago you're not talking about the same pass. The Ski VT. passes went on sale Oct. 1 & were sold out within hours. You must be talking about that other VT. discount card, forget the name.

Fox 44 discount card! I ordered it and got it about 5-6 day later! That is a great deal! I am still waiting for my Ski Vermont 3 pass.

SKI-3PO

Think I got my Ski Vermont card last week, just as I was starting to worry about it.

dlague

Just scored two two day lift ticket deals to Mont Tremblant for $44 per day at the Boston Ski and Snowboard Show!

Other deals Okemo three days anytime for $149 or Bolton Valley four days any time $100 or Burke three day anytime pak for $149

Plus others at the show too!

BenedictGomez

Sugarbush is the only voucher listed on the WM website. The others must be side deals with the promoter.

From the promoter's site:

All attendees will receive a free lift ticket vouchers (some restrictions may apply) to each of the following…. Jiminy Peak, Gore Mountain, Sugarbush, and Belleayre Mountain .

I'm disappointed Gore isn't a voucher for Binghamton this year, it was last year. It is for Rochester, much further from Gore than Binghamton, WTF?

Makes perfect sense. The point of free marketing like that is to draw in dollars that you otherwise wouldn't. Giving away freebies in your backyard just cannibalizes sales.

dlague

From the promoter's site:

Makes perfect sense. The point of free marketing like that is to draw in dollars that you otherwise wouldn't. Giving away freebies in your backyard just cannibalizes sales.

Well the show we always attend used to have 2 fers for Killington, Pico, Sugarbush, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Gunstock. Last year Killington and Pico dropped off. Now it is down to Sugarbush and Gunstock.

I was talking to one resort at the Ski show in Boston and he said when resorts have good years then they give less away. Hence, fewer comps at ski show and movies.

Smellytele

Well the show we always attend used to have 2 fers for Killington, Pico, Sugarbush, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Gunstock. Last year Killington and Pico dropped off. Now it is down to Sugarbush and Gunstock.

I was talking to one resort at the Ski show in Boston and he said when resorts have good years then they give less away. Hence, fewer comps at ski show and movies.

Manchester had Sugarbush, 2fer night skiing at Gunstock, and 2fer at wildcat/Attitash/Crotched