• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

ScottySkis

Mountains Sports Club seems really good, I might buy it next pay check in two weeks if they still have, sorry if been posted here before.

https://www.mountainsportsclub.com/register.cfm
Become a Member

Welcome to the first step in starting to enjoy savings up to 50% on lift tickets, lodging, travel, shopping and more. Your options include registering for your FREE basic membership. Many simply go to a premium membership and save even more with personalized coupons for premium members. Regular price of an annual premium membership is $49.95 for one year. Special offer, save 60%, premium membership for only $24.95 register now and save. Now upgrade to premium for as low as only $24.95.
Use it once it's paid for. Use it often save hundreds. One two for one coupon and your membership pays for itself in one use. Great offers even in summer on rafting, lift served mountain biking, meals, shops and more!!!
Mountain Sports Club members enjoy lift ticket savings at over 100 resorts nationwide. Resorts from California, Colorado, New York, Vermont, Utah, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and more. The 2013.14 winter season will offer an ever growing list of resorts and merchants providing members with valuable savings. Look for deal and discount updates.
Start saving now on lift tickets discounts, lodging discounts, travel savings and more...

Concerned about your privacy? So are we. Here is our privacy policy.
Free Basic Membership - 1 Year
  • Discounts & Coupons
    • Discount lift tickets up to 60% off in advance
    • Access to non-premium discount coupons
    • Discounted Travel through our Travel Desk
    • Special members only offers via email
  • Prizes and Contests
    • Includes entry into contests
    • Members win lift tickets, gear, trips and more!
$24.95 Premium Membership - 1 Year
  • Includes all basic membership privilages, plus...
  • Access to all premium coupons for shops, service, acitvities, purchase deals, dining, and lodging
  • Access to special 2-for1 lift ticket coupons
  • Enter Promotional Code Here (Optional. Discount applied on next page)
Premium Plus - Pick a lift ticket for a little more!!

• Includes all premium membership privilages, plus...
  • A choice of One FREE Lift Ticket at one of our featured resorts below. Supplies and quantities are limited. This is a limited offer.
  • **Some lift tickets have holiday restrictions.
  • Choose a Premium Plus Membership Below:
    • $30.00 Black Mountain (New Hampshire) - Free Black Mountain adult full day lift ticket with no holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $50.00 Black Mountain (New Hampshire) - 2 Free Black Mountain adult full day lift ticket with no holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $35.00 Cranmore (New Hampshire) - Free Cranmore Mountain adult full day lift ticket with holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $50.00 King Pine (New Hampshire) - 2 Free KIng Pine adult full day lift ticket with no holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $30.00 King Pine (New Hampshire) - Free Full Day King Pine Adult Full Day Lift Ticket 2013.14 - no holiday restrictions on Free Lift Ticket
    • $25.00 Lost Valley (Maine) - Free Lost Valley Full Day or Night Lift Ticket, No restrictions
    • $45.00 Lost Valley (Maine) - 2 Free Lost Valley adult full day lift ticket with holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $35.00 Magic Mountain (Vermont) - Free Magic Mountain adult full day lift ticket with holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $30.00 Mountain Creek (New Jersey) - Free Mountain Creek Lift ticket valid all season non holidays.
    • $30.00 Nashoba Valley (Massachusetts) - Free Nashoba Mountain adult full day lift ticket with holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $50.00 Nashoba Valley (Massachusetts) - 2 Free Nashoba Valley adult full day lift ticket with no holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $30.00 Pats Peak (New Hampshire) - Free Pats Peak Full Day Lift Ticket, No restrictions
    • $30.00 Plattekill Mountain (New York) - Free Plattekill Full Day Adult Full Day Lift Ticket - holiday restrictions
    • $35.00 Red River Ski Area (New Mexico) - Red River Full Day Lift Ticket - holiday restrictions Not valid 12/26/2013 - 1/2/2014 and March 9, 2014 - March 15, 2014.
    • $30.00 Saddleback (Maine) - Free Saddleback Mountain adult full day lift ticket with no holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $30.00 Shawnee Mountain (Pennsylvania) - Free Shawnee Adult Full Day Lift Ticket, Up to $55 Value
    • $50.00 Shawnee Mountain (Pennsylvania) - 2 Free Shawnee Mountain adult full day lift ticket with no holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $60.00 Ski Granby Ranch (Colorado) - 2 Free Ski Granby adult full day lift ticket with holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $35.00 Ski Granby Ranch (Colorado) - Free Ski Granby Ranch Lift ticket valid all season non holidays.
    • $35.00 Smugglers' Notch (Vermont) - Free Smugglers Notch Lift ticket valid all season non holidays.
    • $35.00 Sunlight Mountain Resort (Colorado) - Free Full Day Adult Full Day Lift Ticket - holiday restrictions
    • $30.00 Swain Resort (New York) - Free Full Day Swain Adult Full Day Lift Ticket - holiday restrictions
    • $50.00 Swain Resort (New York) - 2 Free Swain Mountain adult full day lift ticket with holiday restrictions/blackouts
    • $25.00 Whaleback Mountain (New Hampshire) - Free Whaleback Lift ticket valid all season no restrictions.

BenedictGomez

We bought the Vermont Ski 3 Pass to get a $40 day at Stowe. Interested in seeing what the buzz is all about. I skied it last when I was 19. I just hope people are not too stuffy!

They're not. That's 95% BS perpetuated by the, "I dont ski there" crowd.

Mountains Sports Club seems really good, I might buy it next pay check in two weeks if they still have, sorry if been posted here before.

Not bad, but the mountains keep pulling back on them. It's worth it if you plan on hitting Smuggs just for the cheapie ticket, and a bonus if you can do a few Fridays or Sundays at Jay. Though it used to include Saturdays at Jay, and that year is when I heavily used my membership.

twinplanx

Heading to the Warren Miller movie in Stamford, CT tonight. Anyone else? Think there are Sugarbush and Whiteface, Gore, Bellayre vouchers...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

twinplanx

So the show included, tickets to Sugarbush, WindHam(as the West coast MC called it) and Gore. I was mistaken on the Whiteface/Bellayre thing, although it would have been a sweet deal ;-) also 20% off a helmet or goggles at REI. All in all a good excuse to get out with other like minded folks and the pre-show snow squall set the mood nicely ;-)

ScottySkis

So the show included, tickets to Sugarbush, WindHam(as the West coast MC called it) and Gore. I was mistaken on the Whiteface/Bellayre thing, although it would have been a sweet deal ;-) also 20% off a helmet or goggles at REI. All in all a good excuse to get out with other like minded folks and the pre-show snow squall set the mood nicely ;-)

How was the movie?

twinplanx

How was the movie?

Ehh, nothing to write home about... I can't remember the last time I saw any kind of movie in a theater, I wouldn't go without the incentives :) lots of hootin' and hollerin' that is usually frowned upon at the local multiplex...

BenedictGomez

So the show included, tickets to Sugarbush, WindHam(as the West coast MC called it) and Gore. I was mistaken on the Whiteface/Bellayre thing

The show I saw in the city included Bell (no Saturdays) and Gore (no Saturdays) too, but we got Jiminy Peak. Would you want to trade your 2 Windhams for 2 of my Jiminy Peaks?

If not, I'm up for a trade if anyone has the Windhams, Gores, or Smuggler's Notch freebies and wont use them, but is someone who does hit Jiminy Peak. Actually, that kind of "trading" strategy is clever because the WM movie usually gives out a freebie or two to mountains that people WILL NOT usually get too, because they're far off from the movie theater. That's part of the point of the marketing, to draw in new customers from other regions.

Ehh, nothing to write home about..

Seriously? Gosh, I think I'm a pretty harsh critic, but I see the WM movie every year and thought it was one of the best ones I've seen in a long time. The insertion of politics irks me as per usual, but other than that I thought it was great.

twinplanx

The show I saw in the city included Bell (no Saturdays) and Gore (no Saturdays) too, but we got Jiminy Peak. Would you want to trade your 2 Windhams for 2 of my Jiminy Peaks?

If not, I'm up for a trade if anyone has the Windhams, Gores, or Smuggler's Notch freebies and wont use them, but is someone who does hit Jiminy Peak. Actually, that kind of "trading" strategy is clever because the WM movie usually gives out a freebie or two to mountains that people WILL NOT usually get too, because they're far off from the movie theater. That's part of the point of the marketing, to draw in new customers from other regions.

Seriously? Gosh, I think I'm a pretty harsh critic, but I see the WM movie every year and thought it was one of the best ones I've seen in a long time. The insertion of politics irks me as per usual, but other than that I thought it was great.

When I looked at the schedule I did not see a listing for the city, but since my brother lives in Stamford that worked out nicely. Not sure how that trade would work out considering the registration process... I didn't mean my criticism to sound so harsh. After the intermission, it became apparent that the theater, although lovely, was not furnished for today's Americans. My ass was killing me and I was happy when it was all over. I didn't mind the "politics" as winter sports enthusiasts there are issues we should be conscious of. These days there are so many options in the ski flick industry, that I guess I'm sorta jaded. Plus I'd rather be at home in my easy chair :)

BenedictGomez

Not sure how that trade would work out considering the registration process..

The Windham pass needs to be registered online?

Only other one I've seen like that is the Sugarbush pass, though that one is easy to work around.

I scored "extras" on Sugarbush last year and had no problem trading them with people as well as giving a few away to friends, as it's not like the redemption website knows who did and who didnt actually attend a WM film.

twinplanx

Only other one I've seen like that is the Sugarbush pass, though that one is easy to work around.

I scored "extras" on Sugarbush last year and had no problem trading them with people as well as giving a few away to friends, as it's not like the redemption website knows who did and who didnt actually attend a WM film.

Not really sure. Only jumped through the first hoop so far ;-) Trade will also depend on what the bus options are this season.

Cornhead

Your vouchers were through the promoter, not WM, correct? If you have vouchers listed on the WM website, you must register with the card they give you at the film. All vouchers are printed out with your name and driver's license number on them. I think Sugarbush asked for ID, Windham too, Gore didn't. If you got hold of a card, there's no problem, they don't care if you were actually at the showing. You could just register as if you were. I redeemed my Son's in my name with hopes of using it at Gore, different email address, but their computer knew I'd already been there on a WM voucher. If I had brought one in my Son's name it would have worked, as long as they didn't ask for ID again.

I forgot all about the showing in my town, it was last Thursday. There is one on 12/6 in Old Forge. There are no vouchers listed on the WM website, they must be through the promoter there also. I think I'll call them and see what they're offering. A Sugarbush, Gore, and Windham would be worth the trip. Can't believe I forgot, dementia?

Hey, it's a Friday night, I'd be 2/3 the way to Gore, how convenient.:D

BenedictGomez

you must register with the card they give you at the film. All vouchers are printed out with your name and driver's license number on them. I think Sugarbush asked for ID, Windham too, Gore didn't. If you got hold of a card, there's no problem, they don't care if you were actually at the showing. You could just register as if you were. I redeemed my Son's in my name with hopes of using it at Gore, different email address, but their computer knew I'd already been there on a WM voucher.

I'm really confused. We're talking about last year right?

Sugarbush last year was a cardboard printout with a code you redeemed on the WM website, yes, with drivers license. I dont know if you could only do it once, or if you had 4 cards/codes you could do it 4 times. Anyone know that answer?

As for Gore last year, I got a lift ticket good 7 days a week, only holiday restricted. This year it's holiday restricted and Saturday restricted. Are you saying that at some shows last year Gore worked like Sugarbush where it redeemed through the WM web portal?

twinplanx

I obtained some "extra" voucher cards myself. Do you think I'll be able to register more then once? Seems doubtful...

Cornhead

I obtained some "extra" voucher cards myself. Do you think I'll be able to register more then once? Seems doubtful...

If you use a different email address it'll work, but Gore noticed I'd used one already.

Cornhead

Sugarbush last year was a cardboard printout with a code you redeemed on the WM website, yes, with drivers license. I dont know if you could only do it once, or if you had 4 cards/codes you could do it 4 times. Anyone know that answer?

As for Gore last year, I got a lift ticket good 7 days a week, only holiday restricted. This year it's holiday restricted and Saturday restricted. Are you saying that at some shows last year Gore worked like Sugarbush where it redeemed through the WM web portal?

All vouchers have been through the WM portal in my region, been that way for years. I was able to register my Son's card in my name, with a different email address than I used initially, but Gore's computer kicked out that I'd already redeemed one there, so it was a no go. This was last year.

Cornhead

All vouchers have been through the WM portal in my region, been that way for years. I was able to register my Son's card in my name, with a different email address than I used initially, but Gore's computer kicked out that I'd already redeemed one there, so it was a no go. This was last year. Yes, the Gore voucher was redeemed through the WM site also.

BenedictGomez

All vouchers have been through the WM portal in my region, been that way for years. I was able to register my Son's card in my name, with a different email address than I used initially, but Gore's computer kicked out that I'd already redeemed one there, so it was a no go. This was last year.

Because it's tied to your driver's license you think?

I wonder if you could bring passport next time and say you dont drive. Not everyone has a driver's license afterall.