• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Re: prescription goggles

trackbiker

I use OTG goggles and have no problems. Just bought a new pair this past summer. You may want to try on several different models until you get the right one that works for you.

HowieT2

I am not recommending this because I dont have any personal experience using it, but there is another option that a friend of mine is utilizing and he swears by it. A helmet with a face shield. I forget the brand and I believe they are expensive, but they do cover your whole face so they also protect from wind/cold. they look like motorcycle helmets.

wa-loaf

I am not recommending this because I dont have any personal experience using it, but there is another option that a friend of mine is utilizing and he swears by it. A helmet with a face shield. I forget the brand and I believe they are expensive, but they do cover your whole face so they also protect from wind/cold. they look like motorcycle helmets.

A friend got one of those for their kid. It's great until you wipe out in soft snow and the whole inside of the shield fills with snow.

Hawkshot99

I demoed a face shield helmet last year. I felt that it was the most dangerous setup I had ever warn. It was a "mango" brand I think. It haf so much air flow through it that my eyes kept watering nonstop. It had a foam gasket thing to stop air against my face but it sucked.

HowieT2

A friend got one of those for their kid. It's great until you wipe out in soft snow and the whole inside of the shield fills with snow.

I dont understand, because you get snow on your face???

VTKilarney

That's the one i'm talking about.
and considering its a helmet and goggles, the price isnt that bad.
I just read some reviews, and the people who aren't whoring for free products to write about on their blog did not have good things to say. Apparently the shield does not stop the wind at all and your eyes water.

Hawkshot99

I just read some reviews, and the people who aren't whoring for free products to write about on their blog did not have good things to say. Apparently the shield does not stop the wind at all and your eyes water.

I was given one free of charge. And I have nothing but bad things to say.

I returned it as I wasn't willing to wear it.

Jersey Skier

I've had great success with Smith Turbo Fan goggles with their prescription inserts. Not cheap, but nothing related to prescription glasses is. They rarely fog and if they do I just turn the fan to high and it clears right up.

bluebird

I've used contacts for years and have solved the reading problem by going to bifocal contacts. Tried the goggles with the fan but couldn't get a good fit.