• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Season Grade So Far

4aprice

I have to give this ski season an A.

If you ski in the Poconos a lot, I'd imagine you'd give it an A+ with a 100% score.

Pocono's scored big this year. Taking a week off from the "Thruway Shuffle" to have one last "Pocono Party" (Parking Lot Party @ CBK) this weekend. 2 best days of the year still belong to the Pokes with Feb 15th at CBK being 1 and the following Sunday @ Elk being 2.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kingslug

I give it a solid A...lots of snow, skied 6 days straight of untouched pow...got back to Europe, started the season at Alta..hitting Killington more and more...and it looks like it will continue until the end of April...

catsup948

I'm raising my score to a solid B. After two great days at Jay Peak last week I'm feeling better about the season overall. I haven't really done much spring skiing yet. I usually get 10 plus days in riding lifts or skining after April 1st. Epic spring corn may up my grade higher. I'm already forgetting January anyway!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VTKilarney

I'm upping my grade to a B as well. In northern Vermont, we have had February-like conditions (with good natural snow cover) for the entire month of March. This makes up for the very poor start to the season.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
F. We had a baby on New Year's Day. Two powder days in a row I vowed to get out and everyone in the house got sick, myself included. So far I've got 2 hours at Wachusett and that's it. I'm dying here.

hammer

B for conditions, D for amount of times out...so a C. Biggest plus is that I'm now doing more to seek out ungroomed runs which makes things more interesting. Likelihood of an additional trip is low (household and family stuff can't be ignored) so this will likely be a final grade for me.

Want to branch out to more areas next year (stretch the limits of day trips) and definitely get in more than one day to Magic. Another trip out west next year is a possibility.

dlague

Too soon to rate this season three months left! If I were to give it a grade the it would be a B+.

I would rather grade it by month so far!
We did not start early enough in November (C). December was great with conditions looking the best I have ever seen them for early season (A). Then came January which blew chunks because of #ain, flu and for us the least number of days ever in January (D). Now we are wrapping up February and we have had some of our best days this season (A). We are hoping for a great March, April and May!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

March has seen some of the best conditions all season so March gets an A and with the base that we have now April and May should be good!

So I up my season to A-. The only issues for me has been days missed due to rain days (3) (January), family commitments (2), flu (2), and my family bagging it on a Sundays (We get up at 6-6:30 on week days for work and school and I make them get up at that time on weekends too to hit the slopes - they do not always agree with my drive to get out - twice this season they asked to stay home). That's 9 days missed that we had planned!

C-Rex

I think the season you had has more to do with you than with the weather. In New England, you have to go get it while the gettin is good. If we get a storm early in the week and you wait til the weekend, you stand a good chance of missing out. I realize not everyone can just take a day off on a whim but that's really what it takes to have a great season in the north east. The Jan thaw was pretty bad this year but late Feb and March have been great, not to mention we had a pretty good start back in December.

For me, I give this season a B+. I have 27 days on the snow so far with several more still to come. 7 of those have been true powder days, and out of the rest only a couple were sub par conditions. I chalk this up to being lucky that I can call my ski loving boss and take the day off pretty much whenever I want. As far as he's concerned, it's my vacation time and I can do what I want with it. I think I'm going to cry when he retires next year.

This season may bump up to an A- or an A depending on how the rest of it goes. I still have 2 tickets to Jay to use, and a trip to Mt. Bachelor the 1st weekend of April. A couple more powder days will definitely get the grade up.

pcampbell

13448533824_722f527b02_b.jpg

Still in the A range :)

dlague

I think the season you had has more to do with you than with the weather. In New England, you have to go get it while the gettin is good. If we get a storm early in the week and you wait til the weekend, you stand a good chance of missing out. I realize not everyone can just take a day off on a whim but that's really what it takes to have a great season in the north east. The Jan thaw was pretty bad this year but late Feb and March have been great, not to mention we had a pretty good start back in December.

For me, I give this season a B+. I have 27 days on the snow so far with several more still to come. 7 of those have been true powder days, and out of the rest only a couple were sub par conditions. I chalk this up to being lucky that I can call my ski loving boss and take the day off pretty much whenever I want. As far as he's concerned, it's my vacation time and I can do what I want with it. I think I'm going to cry when he retires next year.

This season may bump up to an A- or an A depending on how the rest of it goes. I still have 2 tickets to Jay to use, and a trip to Mt. Bachelor the 1st weekend of April. A couple more powder days will definitely get the grade up.

Steal what the mountain gives you and A's are easy to come by! You are lucky enough to get those days when the snow falls! I have to wait for the weekend with an exception once or twice! However we have had great conditions two or three days after a storm! Best powder days were at Stowe and Magic so no complaints here!

C-Rex

Steal what the mountain gives you and A's are easy to come by! You are lucky enough to get those days when the snow falls! I have to wait for the weekend with an exception once or twice! However we have had great conditions two or three days after a storm! Best powder days were at Stowe and Magic so no complaints here!

I went to Magic for the first time this year and I was lucky to get 2 amazing powder days. The line under the red chair is SOOO much fun! Al those little cliffs and natural kickers, great steeps and a fun runout at the bottom. Great trail!!

JDMRoma

Ive had a good couple of weeks since this post…..Some good dumps up north and some really Great days skiing at Cannon.

Im going to give it a B+ right now !!

My last update.....Im going to an A+, I have had an Excellent Season....Best Ever.

I found a new Home Mountain.....Cannon ! Absolutely love this place, will be going with the Cannon Season pass next year.

Did a lot of Firsts for me.....First time in Mittersill.....Some off the Map trails,some pretty Intense Glades and learned how to crawl out of some Deep snow !

Ive certainly had some fun, and made some new friends.....Happy to be joining the Cannon Community !!

Looking forward to next season !

Scruffy

I give it an A. I caught many a powder days this year in the Northeast and JHole. I also judge a season by the skiing social fun factor. All those powder days were with my best ski buds, so that upped fun factor. Had several large house trips with great friends, a week in Jhole with a large group of great skiers.

Cannonball

My last update.....Im going to an A+, I have had an Excellent Season....Best Ever.

I found a new Home Mountain.....Cannon ! Absolutely love this place, will be going with the Cannon Season pass next year.

Did a lot of Firsts for me.....First time in Mittersill.....Some off the Map trails,some pretty Intense Glades and learned how to crawl out of some Deep snow !

Ive certainly had some fun, and made some new friends.....Happy to be joining the Cannon Community !!

Looking forward to next season !

This is great to hear! Especially since you rated it a 'D' at one point in this thread.

Was great skiing with you this season. Welcome aboard the Cannon wagon!

I rate this season: "F'n A"!