• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Off-season strategy

4aprice

Another type of skiing, on the water, followed by 16 ounce curls. :thumbup: Boat is the major activity but running weekdays and tennis on the weekends (before shoving off) are constants. Would like to do some more biking and fall hiking (post bugs).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

hammer

Transition to summer activities, want to do more hiking and camping this year...also getting back into running to recover cardio lost from having to take several months off due to injury and lack of outdoor areas to run in the winter.

Will start to think more about skiing come mid August when I usually get tired of the hot weather.

abc

Another kind of skiing (surfski) once the water is warm enough.;)

I'm really not sure which is "off-season". Is winter the off-season of kayaking/biking? Or summer the off-season for snow skiing? I'm inclined to say the former. But really, there really isn't any "off-season" for me.

There's a season for everything, erhhh, I mean there's always something for every season.

JDMRoma

My off season...Im going to get out more hiking,biking and Kayaking.

Starting my workout routine now in hopes of losing some weight for next season.
Going to complete T25 and go into P90X or Insanity by Summer, being in shape for skiing
will be my goal for next season.

Stay active and most of all have fun !

Puck it

My off season...Im going to get out more hiking,biking and Kayaking.

Starting my workout routine now in hopes of losing some weight for next season.
Going to complete T25 and go into P90X or Insanity by Summer, being in shape for skiing
will be my goal for next season.

Stay active and most of all have fun !

First priority for you maybe to avoid trees, but losing weight means less mass for the impact and easier to get between trees.

JDMRoma

First priority for you maybe to avoid trees, but losing weight means less mass for the impact and easier to get between trees.

Yes forgot to add Tree Avoidance as my top priority ! Must go re read the how to ski tree's thread over the summer !

C-Rex

I just busted out the mountain bike yesterday for a trail ride. And I throw in some downhill to keep my, "gravity fueled bombing through the woods" itch in check. I try to get out wakeboarding when the opportunity presents itself too. And, of course, I do plenty of bass fishing to keep my stress levels nice and low.

Although, this year I'll be doing a lot of projects around my new (and first) house! Closing in a couple weeks. So excited!!

dlague

Yup new home = time suck! I told my wife that I want to sell our house and move into something maintenance free to focus is activities we like rather than mowing, painting, planting, shoveling, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone