• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NH's Ski Industry Posts 6th Best Winter in 2014

yeggous

I wonder what the numbers were for the 3 areas not represented by them were...

Wildcat was down big time. Attitash was probably up, in no small part because of Wildcat's problems. Lines at Bear Peak were out of control this year, but crowds were smaller at Attitash.

I have no idea about Crotched.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I assume SKINH is only counting members' numbers which omits Crotched, Attitash and Wildcat which a few of you noted, as well as perhaps a dozen smaller areas.

Since 2,272,826 is their reported number, I have to assume that Crotched, Attitash and Wildcat add about 250,000 skier visits and the others, perhaps another 50,000.

Newpylong

Some news from Whaleback on next winter, looks like they are lengthening the season incrementally:

SEASON 2014-2015 DATES
The season opening is scheduled for the weekend of December 13-14. We will extend the season until the end of March, but with our last full week ending March 15, then weekends only March 21, 22, and 28, 29.

AdironRider

I assume SKINH is only counting members' numbers which omits Crotched, Attitash and Wildcat which a few of you noted, as well as perhaps a dozen smaller areas.

Since 2,272,826 is their reported number, I have to assume that Crotched, Attitash and Wildcat add about 250,000 skier visits and the others, perhaps another 50,000.

I would guess about 100k higher, notably for Crotched and Attitash.