• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Ski Resort Bar

deadheadskier

Staff member
There's only so many sorta hot girls in Maine available to work the bar.

:lol:

In all my years managing restaurants, I think I only hired about a dozen female bartenders compared to well over 100 male bartenders. Cocktail waitresses is another story. It may sound sexist, but by enlarge male bartenders tend to be much faster. They don't feel compelled to chit chat so much when the bar is slammed.

You want the hot girl bartender working Sunday - Thursday when there are three patrons in there and you want to keep them there spending money. On weekends you want to the fastest bartenders possible.

At that, the Loaf should have six working on Saturday. It's an issue every year.

4aprice

Blackline.png

Blackline Bar @ Magic.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

moguler6

Last Run Lounge at Pico. Classic style wood lodge with giant wood burning fireplace wrapped in old ski memorabilia and live bands.

Smellytele

There's only so many sorta hot girls in Maine available to work the bar.

Did go to the strip joint near Sugarloaf. They were not lacking for workers. Maine must have slack laws on stripping because they would grab your hands and put them on their breasts. The smell of 2 stoke in the place was killing me though.

WoodCore

Always liked The Loft (aka Dadd's) at Okemo. It's everything Okemo is not.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Puck it

Did go to the strip joint near Sugarloaf. They were not lacking for workers. Maine must have slack laws on stripping because they would grab your hands and put them on their breasts. The smell of 2 stoke in the place was killing me though.

I think ink there is one near SR too.

Edd

That's a traveling outfit. They may be from Maine but I don't think they're from the Loaf area.

HD333

I figured I would do it by state!

New Hampshire: Powder Keg at Gunstock - Great food, good mug club and of course close to our family's second home..

This post brings back great memories of the Powder Keg for me. Not really a Party Bar but we ad some great après time there with the kiddos (root beer for them) when we called Gunstock home.

Worst on mountain bar for me is Sitting Bull at Okemo, it is setup like a cafeteria. I have to second Tom's Loft, great place, that is what a ski bar should be.

Edd

I figured I would do it by state!
New Hampshire: Powder Keg at Gunstock - Great food, good mug club and of course close to our family's second home.

The PK is going through a facelift. It promises to look very different this year.

jimk

Other good ones I have known:
Saalbach, Austria, tons of mid-mtn bars/restaurants in the Alps. This one we sat outside on the porch while a guy played oompah music on keyboads about ten feet from us. Gotta love it when the good Lord is watching over your beer stein just behind ya.
saalbach.jpg

Foggy Goggle Bar, this huge bar is in center building closest to slopes at Seven Springs in western PA.
seven springs and foggy goggle.jpg

Every March they have a Snowy Luau with hula dancers in the bar at Timberline, WV.
hula bar timberline.jpg

I took this photo from the summit lodge bar at Le Massif, Quebec. Clouds partially block insane views of the St Lawrence River.
le massif bar.jpg

E-tow Cabin at Loveland, CO is a super scenic place to have a drink at 11500'. And they allow you to BYOB:p
loveland shack.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Foggy Goggle at Seven Springs is legit. I've had way too much fun in there for my own good on a couple of occasions.

twinplanx

There are some noteworthy mentions throughout this thread. I kinda like the bar at Gore myself. Don't tell anyone but the skiing ain't bad either...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

SkiingInABlueDream

Mooserwirt at St Anton because the herd of inebriated skiers & riders sliding making their way down to the base is entertaining.
Mansfield Base at Stowe and 6th Alley at A-Basin because those are regular haunts for me and always good times.