• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Road Rage

SIKSKIER

Road rage is 95% started from all the a-holes not getting out of the passing lane.Pass and then move the hell over.Its not all about you.Yes there are other cars on the road besides you.

Scruffy

Road rage is 95% started from all the a-holes not getting out of the passing lane.Pass and then move the hell over.Its not all about you.Yes there are other cars on the road besides you.

I call them Left Lane Turtles, and I agree they shouldn't hang out in the passing lane; however, people need to keep a check on their road rage, no matter what some jerk is doing in front of you ( within reason of course, I guess if he's got a gun and pointing it at you then all bets are off), but RR is a very dangerous road to go down, for both the victim and perpetrator. And, I'm not calling you out personally as an offender, just responding to what you said.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I call them left lane loungers. I find Maine and Pennsylvania to have the highest offender rate. It's so bad in both places I'm thinking they are taught that this is okay in driver's ed.

Domeskier

I call them left lane loungers. I find Maine and Pennsylvania to have the highest offender rate. It's so bad in both places I'm thinking they are taught that this is okay in driver's ed.

New Yorkers are pretty bad about this, too. Apparently there is no law here against passing on the right so they just hang out in the left lane and force others to go around them.

Savemeasammy

I once had the pleasure of seeing someone get pulled over for staying in the left hand lane of rt 101 in NH for miles and miles even though he wasn't passing anyone. Everyone had to pass them on the right.

Don't be a douche. Get out of the left lane if you aren't passing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edd

Pet peeve: tailgaters. I'm always going a bit above the speed limit. No one should tailgate me ever, but it somehow happens.

snoseek

All of this stuff.

The overall fuckery that takes place on Northeast roadways is completely unacceptable. It takes me a solid month to grow numb to it. Every year after driving across Its unnerving as you enter eastern NY or Pennsylvania.

Parts of Florida may take the cake though.

chuckstah

I call the passing lane cloggers "clusterfuc*ers". It is illegal in many states to travel in left lane. Have some courtesy!

Scruffy

Pet peeve: tailgaters. I'm always going a bit above the speed limit. No one should tailgate me ever, but it somehow happens.

Pet peeve of mine too. I'll be doing 85 in a 65, and yet someone will run up on my ass. What I find baffling, is if I'm in the left lane passing someone, and then pull over into the right lane to let them go by, they'll slow down sometimes and wind up on someone else's ass. It's almost like they're afraid to be out front.

prsboogie

Handful of bb's out the window usually takes care of that problem, but then again I'm a special kind of d-bag when it comes to shit like that.

Scruffy

Here's another scenario that makes no sense to me. 2 or 3 lane highway, I'm in the right hand lane or middle lane, doing 70-85mph. Light traffic on the road. There is absolutely no traffic in the passing lane, all clear. Someone will come up one my ass within a car length of me before pulling into the passing lane to pass. Can't they see they are gaining speed on me and are going to over take me? Why wait until they are dangerously close before passing? I just can't figure that one out.

JDMRoma

Here's another scenario that makes no sense to me. 2 or 3 lane highway, I'm in the right hand lane or middle lane, doing 70-85mph. Light traffic on the road. There is absolutely no traffic in the passing lane, all clear. Someone will come up one my ass within a car length of me before pulling into the passing lane to pass. Can't they see they are gaining speed on me and are going to over take me? Why wait until they are dangerously close before passing? I just can't figure that one out.

Happens to me all the time ! Im on the road at 4am for work. Truckers are the worst. So many douches on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Scruffy

Handful of bb's out the window usually takes care of that problem, but then again I'm a special kind of d-bag when it comes to shit like that.

Oh, I've been so tempted to chuck something, but that'll probably end in a road rage situation. Hitting the windshield washers sometimes works.

Jcb890

That drives me absolutely insane. If you are not passing, move over to the right. If someone is going faster than you are, no matter how fast you are going, move over to the right. It isn't your (the other driver) decision to make how fast someone else should be traveling in the left lane.

Generally I hate it too. But, if someone is cruising in the left lane and not moving over, then its fair game.

That makes no sense to me as well, but I don't see it too often.

moresnow

While we're all bitching, why can't people get to speed in the acceleration lane when merging onto an interstate? I know there are times when the entrance ramps are poorly designed with a tight turn before the highway, or are uphill, etc. But when the ramp is plenty long, with good sight lines, and down hill there is no reason you should be doing 40 at the end of it while trying to merge into traffic.