• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016 AZ Summit?

BenedictGomez

elaborate

Census_data_YAHbmpa.png

It's the largest ski resort in the east, and I dont even think they make it in the top-10 in skier visits. It's not because it's not a great place, it's because of location.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Only numbers I've found are for 2005-2006 where it was 11th.

http://sugarloaf.com/Corporate/Medi...08-08-07-CNL Income Properties Acquires .html

With all the improvements and increased marketing since ten years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if they're actually in the top ten now. The place can be an absolute mad house on the weekends.

I think you underestimate how busy the place really is. If your assertion is true that they need to offer deep discounts, it wouldn't have lift ticket prices near the top of the food chain at $86 a day. (compare that with Jay at $72 or $65 for a VT resident)

Remote locations doesn't always mean a place has to be cheap to draw business. As an example, Jackson Hole is one of the more expensive ski resorts in the country. Same goes for Telluride. Sugarloaf doesn't have the luxury offerings to get that wealthy of clientele as those areas, but it is hardly a discount shoppers ski area.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
It appeals to me for amenity reasons . Yea it's a long drive but once your there you have everything you need . It reminds me of Smuggs , some of my more memorable trips thru the years involved not driving anywhere else after arriving.
Terrain is awesome , it would take a week to ski everything available . Staff treated us well .

steamboat1

For me the Loaf is to far for just a weekend long summit. I have been there a 1/2 dozen times but always for at least 5 days.

I still like the idea of meeting up in the Catskills even though I rarely ski there. It's a very doable day trip for me or I could even stop there on my way home from VT.

gmcunni

For me the Loaf is to far for just a weekend long summit. I have been there a 1/2 dozen times but always for at least 5 days.

I still like the idea of meeting up in the Catskills even though I rarely ski there. It's a very doable day trip for me or I could even stop there on my way home from VT.

The "special" pricing is for the weekend but guests are able to come early or stay longer and get midweek pricing if u want to stay for 5 or more days

dlague

I reached out to Nick on FB and he says he is working on the deal for the Summit and will be on here soon.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
HI GUYS haha I'm alive.

OK so I talked to Ethan today. Hoping to have everything ironed out by end of next week. Everything will be very similar to last year. There are two possible weekends we are narrowing down, just need to pin that down and get the details setup and I will have an announcement to make.

I'm hoping to be back here more soon. Everything sort of lind up at once - my wife's business has exploded which has been eating up basically all my nights & weekends, my job itself has been very busy and I've been traveling almost every week (ugh) and on top of all that I've got my 3 year old and 1 year old that are very coordinated right now in their efforts to keep my wife & I fully on our toes at all possible moments :) :)

Anyways, no excuses from me here, look for info on the summit coming soon!

mriceyman

Who is this guy nick?

Better to be busy than slow lol

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

1Kathleen

I agree, I'll always ski on Super Bowl Sunday, but ski with in a few hours of home so I can get to a party before kickoff. Took me 7 hours to get home from SL last year��...

prsboogie

Might I suggest the last weekend of February? It's the leap year so, I would request the Monday off just so I wouldn't have to work an extra day in a shitty month!!! 😀

WJenness

Might I suggest the last weekend of February? It's the leap year so, I would request the Monday off just so I wouldn't have to work an extra day in a shitty month!!! 

This is the one weekend I would veto if given the chance! I already have travel plans that weekend, but every other one is open for me!

Tin

You guys would pick an afternoon and night in front of the TV watching a football game versus skiing?!