• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback and Magic sold to Whaleback Mountain

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Big plans ahead for northern New England ski areas
November 30, 2015
Lebanon, NH

Whaleback Resorts, LLC today announced the purchase of Saddleback Mountain, Rangeley Maine and the Magic Mountain Resort, Londonderry, Vermont in a private sale today for undisclosed amount. Todd McIntire, Business Manager for Whaleback noted that "we saw these two vulnerable areas at risk of perishing and felt the timing was right." Given their strong management depth, with experience raising the Whaleback Resort from near-death , "We are confident we can bring stability and strong business accumen, while instilling the Whaleback culture in each area" said McIntire.

Mary Vary Berry of Saddleback, said she has "had enough dorking around with these Wall Street types who don't know a pole plant from a pole vault." "I have tremendous faith in Tom Davis, the Whaleback Grounds Crewman, who plans to open a grunge bar at the Saddleback summit by December". Davis indicated that no such improvement was necessary at Magic. Berry continued, "I just want to get the hell out of here, so I instructed my real estate broker to sell to the lowest bidder". The deal was concluded in just three hours over over meatloaf and mashed potatoes at the Rangeley Inn.

One day later, McIntire approached The Magic Mountain after he heard the resort was having trouble with some flagpoles. "I called the resort on several occassions and nobody could tell me who was in charge". I went down to visit, and found teens drinking beer in the woods and roach clips all over the parking lot." He went on, "that clinches it, this is the place for us". He approached Mary Contrary who happened to be washing the kitchen floor and asked her if she was interested in selling if the price was right. Contrary said that she had amassed almost one-thousand dollars of debt last season due to excessive hamburger patty purchases. McIntire and Contrary structured a deal of a stock to asset swap while assuming all outstanding debt. The deal was signed on November 26th, at the Florida Swamplands Resort.

McIntire, of Whaleback indicated that financing will not be necessary. "We have ample cash reserves since our two-year bake sale revenue left us awash in cash."

While ticket prices have not been finalized, it is expected to be in the $5 to $10 range. A new program, "five for five" is expected to be introduced in January. $5 will be the standard rate, while a premium will be charged on any day the temperature exceeds 5 degrees Fahrenheit.

Whaleback Mountain Resort share price closed at 0.000002 Hungarian Forint on Monday.

Last edited:

Newpylong

Not bad, you even got two Whaleback names correct.:grin:

But Whaleback, LLC does not exist anymore - that was Evan's corporation (the previous ownership). The current owner is UVSSF.