• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback

aveski2000

Pre-report. I'm heading up to Saddleback from Portland on Sunday. I'll be leaving around 6:00. Anyone interested in carpooling up? Is there a carpool section this should be in? Just noticed the trips forum. You can bump this over there. (Duh)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
wicked pissah man. the glades in saddleback will probably be one of the few big mountains in new england to still have untracked lines by sunday. with all their trails open, saddleback is going to rule this weekend. nice choice.

snoseek

I agree, best choice in new england. They got ton's of snow, i'm probably there mon or tues.

aveski2000

Had a great day at Saddleback Sunday. I drove up from Portland with a friend and his eight-year-old son.
We met another friend up there. We all took a couple of runs together and then split up so Dad could ski with his son. I took off with my other friend for the upper T-bar. It was obvious the place had been dumped upon (3’), but also obvious the wind had been howling. Some of the trails didn’t have much new snow and others were in great shape. I just got back into skiing this year after a long layoff and have been doing well on black diamond groomers. After a couple of runs, we decided to go into the trees. I was somewhat humbled, but went back a couple of more times during the day. We met up with Dad while his son took a lesson and skied some of the ungroomed bump runs. It was definitely old time New England skiing. A lot of fun. After breaking for lunch, Dad, his son and I skied together. We had a fun time. The grommet is a great skier. We did a tree run and a couple more bump runs. In addition to some groomed trails. Here is a link to some pictures.
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557607956dZccHL

Last edited:

aveski2000

2186254830100540488S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Testing
2209075670100540488S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: