• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

tuning workshops?

Goblin84

So I am always intersted in learning how to properly tune up my skis. Anyone know of workshops that are put on?? I know bike shops do this a ton in the winter...was hoping the ski industry does the same thing. i mean i wax and do edge work with no problem, but dont know much about putting in bindings and major base repair.

any ideas?

wa-loaf

Check your local shop or community college for tuning and base repair clinics. REI and EMS often run these kind of things. Mounting bindings is another story, you need a specific jig that's made for each binding. You probably won't be able to get much experience in that unless you pick up a job at a shop.

SKIQUATTRO

tognar.com has some info in their booklet (maybe on their site too) on who to call to find tuning workshops

woollatr

There are a couple shops in Nashua too. I don't know how far into MA you were planning on heading, so that may save you some time. There isn't much for shops in the Fitchburg area, and I personally am not much of a fan of anything Wachusette.

Goblin84

well I live in Manchester (nh), the less driving I have to do the better. and the more i can avoid MA (sorry all you MA people) the better too

as it is right now in manchester I am too far south for my own liking. Woollart...any names/times/locations you got for me?

woollatr

I haven't been out that way in a while, usually get my stuff done in Canada. I'll give my family a call and see if they remember. The only one I can think of off hand is Ken Jones ski mart. I think there might be an eastern border or something there too. Snowbaord/ski maintenance is pretty similar if not the same from what I understand. Maybe try googling it or something too?