• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to Ski tomorrow (Saturday)

MG Skier

Hello Fellow Skiers and Boarders....

I am looking to get out of Flat-achusetts and get some altitude.....

I am up for a 3 (One way) hour ride for a day of skiing......
Considering Ragged, or Possibly Magic (I have a few passes) whats the word on the snow??

Looks like just about everyone had snow.

caribchakita

Website
www.bonairecaribbean.com
Let me preface this by saying, I am a windsurfer so hugely weather obsessed. Instead of wind, am searching for snow. Based on what you are asking I can say, either seems to have a shot at some intermittent rain tomorrow but, some models show the Greens getting snow tonight whereas not so in the Lakes District. With that said, since Sunday is a mess, we decided to also do a day trip so are hitting Ragged as we too have passes. My friend's parents live up there and shared, Ragged got a foot of snow and everything is open. We loved Ragged last year; easy in and out, friendly people and decent trails. The 6 person lift is not a fav for me but who cares, it's a lift. Have a super day...get out there...no snow in sight for the week, anyway...

bdfreetuna

Magic has great snow right now, you won't be disappointed there.

I'm trying to avoid making recommendations that are crowded, in part because there are so many good options right now.

Bolton Valley... Pico... Burke -- if you want no crowd and like trees... I don't really ski NH very often so I can't speak for that

I haven't been to Ragged since I was a kid but hoping to go soon as I have a 2 for 1

drjeff

I was at Stratton today. REALLY GOOD snow!! Back at my condo at Mount Snow now. Snowing lightly. The question is when, and how quickly will it get above freezing and add moisture to the snowpack? Current local NWS forecast isn't for any liquid to fall from the sky until roughly last chair time....

Even if it's not phenomenal tomorrow, it's going to be REALLY GOOD in SoVT!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

^ it's snowing quite hard right now in...... roughly Saratoga. Much harder than I anticipated. This band's coming your way.

MG Skier

Thanks for the suggestions. I landed at Magic! I had a great day. Despite the Black Lift going down for a while, and the line at Red with a college race program........ugh....... it was still a fun day. I certainly got a work out and enjoyed what they have. Once the Black Lift was spinning again, all was well. I will be back for sure. I think my legs are ready for Jay this weekend.