• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Who Does Not Have New Gear (Yet) This Season Thread

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Pretty excited. I just picked up a pair of rossi scratch's want to go back to alpine this season after a 12yr alpine hiatus! Also was given a pair of Line Chronic Blends.....I am not a jibber but nice to add to the quiver! I still think I will be skiing more freeheel days though!
Also disqualified. You already have a thread to post this stuff in. Take your gloating somewhere else and let the rest of us sulk.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
LOL. No fine print but you didn't read the topic carefully ;) This was my tongue in cheek response to the Who Got New Gear thread and the Who Has Used New Gear Thread (sorry, to lazy to dig up the link). You should go gloat over there ;)

prisnah

Pretty excited. I just picked up a pair of rossi scratch's want to go back to alpine this season after a 12yr alpine hiatus! Also was given a pair of Line Chronic Blends.....I am not a jibber but nice to add to the quiver! I still think I will be skiing more freeheel days though!

Chronic Blends are NOT jib skis, just marketed that way, same as the PE's were initially.....they're waaaayyyy too stiff for jibbing. The regular Chronics are jib skis, the blends are not. Blends are definitely all mountain chargers.

And you got a sweet, burly as hell ski given to you...you made out nice there. You'll enjoy those things more than you think is possible....guaranteed.

Lazy yes! Gloat no. Thanks for the trick question! I was excited of my new purchase.....even though it involved a little california financing.................GOD BLESS AMERICA!

madskier6

I do not have any new gear (yet) this season, unless you count picking up a pair of cheap snow pants at a pre-season clearance sale "new gear". I certainly don't count it. I've bought plenty of gear for my children already but nothing for me (yet).

I will be getting new boots at some point this season. Just need to be patient & buy at the right time. I will also be buying a pair of Volkl Gotamas for my powder ski. Demoed them last season during the St. Patrick's Day storm in Northern VT & loved them. It's only a matter of time . . . . :wink:

But since I have nothing new right now, I think I qualify to post in this thread. :smile:

darent

nothing new, just gettin to like what I have and I am not even thinking of anything new !

freebie

unless you consider bootfitting and footbeds new gear then I'm on 4 K2 escape skiis, 2 yr old Nordica Beast boots, and 25 yr old Scott poles with sharp pointy tips(good for stabbing rude teenagers), might try a new ski this yr, something faster edge to edge

mattyfro73

No new gear since 1996, I can still rip.

I have had a pair of Rossi's since 96 and they are all ripped up but I'm cheap and poor so who cares. I went to Jay Peak last year and still had a blast. I only get out three to four good trips a winter if I'm lucky. I was checking out new gear yesterday, big sale on Fri, anyone ever ski on Head XRC's? I am looking for something in the range of 200 to 300 dollars, any suggestions?

gorgonzola

anyone ever ski on Head XRC's?

I ski '05/06 iXRC 1100 chips 177's and love 'em as an all mountain EC ski, my other ski i just got is fischer riu twin tips and paid under 300 bindings/mounted. Both of these skis can be found cheap online/lss - i think their both good values with alot of bang :uzi: for the buck!