$100 oil

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $100 oil

$100 oil

Hope everyone's been getting limber for ski season. We're all going to be bending over.

I can't afford to ski lift served terrain due to the recent fillup of my heating oil tank
    Glad I bought a season pass last May saving up for one for next year is going to be tough this winter.

Ski busses.

I do my best thinking on the bus.
    ------
    Chris K http://chickenjam.blogspot.com
    The Ski Cheap Or Die Calendar Project -If you have anything that you think should be on the calendar, pm me!

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

This is such a total over reactionary BS maneuver today. Big deal, there's a short lived cold snap across maybe 1/3rd of the country, and voila oil jumps almost $4 a barrel before falling back a bit towards the end of trading. Big deal, it's North America, it's January and it's cold, quite a newsflash! The biggest B.S. move will be tommorrow when some gas station owner spikes the price .10 to .15 a gallon based on this, when the oil that was traded today isn't even close to the refinery that will finally turn it into what we'll use a fuel likely WEEKS from now!

This is almost a perfect example of how modern technology/communications can be a BAD thing at instilling unneeded volitility in commodities markets!

unfortunately you are On Target Doc:

herd mentality ??,
    self-fulfilling prophesy ?? ,
    overly nervous stock breakers ,??-

-welcome to the brave new world of mass stock market hysteria generated on the latest economic hiccup . sneeze or piece of psycho babble

Idiots are running the show
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

It's supply & demand.

Greater world consumption + declining supply = higher prices.

The tighter the supply, the greater the volatility.

Temporary spikes can be fueled and amplified by reactionary market hysteria. But long term trends are fueled by supply and demand. Milestones are less notable for their longevity than they are for their perspective.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Lack of a meaningful alternative energy policies coupled with multi-national Oligopolies who HAVE POLITICIANS IN THEIR BACK POCKET AND THUS HAVE NO MEANINGFUL REGULATION = ECONOMIC STRANGULATION
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Whatever I spend a couple grand a year in gas..and another several grand a year for skiing...better than sitting at home watching Oprah...lol..gas prices are still pretty reasonable..I can drive 400 miles for 40 bucks..not bad..

Items for Sale

I think we should all be grateful that we have King George to thank for awakening us to the fact that WE'RE the ones addicted to oil....
    $.01
    Last edited by bigbog; Jan 3, 2008 at 12:42 AM.

Thread Information