AZ is a Richer Place

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up AZ is a Richer Place

It seems to me that AZ forum has grown a lot richer in the past couple months. The fact that more people of all skills, ages, abilities and locales are participating in the discussion is the most obvious change. Message strings about CT, NY, PA and other "not-north" areas are increasing at a steady rate. The forum is becoming more rounded, less "northern ski/boarder snobs" or "single male skier/boarder" oriented. It brings a richer perspective, a better understanding of the wide continuum of interests. 7 million out of 300million ain't a lot. An a lot smaller than 7m is the eastern ski scene. Bringing it together in an amicable forum, where we can discuss with out flames is bringing notice in the industry. There is a lot of potential, but as it's said, "it takes a village to raise a child", so to, it takes a forum to raise a ski community. Kudos to Greg and others for a steady hand on the tiller. Patience and attentiveness pay off big time. Congrats.

Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    It seems to me that AZ forum has grown a lot richer in the past couple months.

you sir, have apparently not been looking at my bank statements

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    you sir, have apparently not been looking at my bank statements
    There goes the neighborhood
    So much for waxing poetic prose
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Thanks for the kind words, billski. The success of this community has less to do with me, and more to do with all of you!
    I ski double black diamonds.

Items for Sale

......and

..and more to do with technical developments outside of Corporate America & Washington! ...in addition to the old A+ in AZ administration.

Thanks for the kind words. from the original AZ

This is a good place.
    ------
    Chris K http://chickenjam.blogspot.com
    The Ski Cheap Or Die Calendar Project -If you have anything that you think should be on the calendar, pm me!

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

Agreed. I've checked out other ski forums and have to say there's much more a sense of community and collegiality on this site than on others (where forumers seem to host a more narcissistic personality and constantly try to trump one another in knowledge and ability). Due to the ease of joining in and being so easily accepted, I've become a much more active member of the skiing community.

With the variety of skier levels and places of origin on AZ there's always a new opnion to be heard or something new to learn. I'm happy I came across this site and can honestly say I've taken from it much more than I've given. Thanks to everyone, from beginner to vet, for everything I've learned this past year.
    If you're a fan of the Manchester United Football Team, sing the Manchester United song-!

It's definitely gotten more diverse around here in the last few months, that's a good thing! I'm glad to be part of such an awesome community. It's true that everyone here makes it great, but of course I'm the biggest reason this place rocks...

Now if we could just get Marc to stop scaring away the women we'd be all set...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    but of course I'm the biggest reason this place rocks...
    And of course, it's members excel in humility

see bvibert
    see
    see bvibert run.
    run bvibert, run!

Oh no, it's Mr. Sluggo....

Thread Information