• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Greg's Roast

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Wow I missed a lot the last few days in Vermont.

- Greg doesn't bring lunch when he skis. He just brings a knife and fork and eats the bumps for lunch.

- Greg doesn't have a set of balls, he has a set of VW Bug size moguls.

- Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap buildings in a single bound...this is just how Greg warms up before a bump run.

It's a roast, not a smooch fest. :roll:

Mildcat

Everything I know about skiing bumps I learned from Gregs posts.

Now can somebody teach me the right way to ski bumps?

Greg

Staff member
Oh if there is another AZ day at Sugarbush next season .. Please don't let Greg determine the date. He had the whole winter to chose from the last time and he picks a day near the end of March. He has never invited me over for BBQ either ...

Yep. That 8-12" of powder was pretty crappy. My bad.

Oh if there is another AZ day at Sugarbush next season .. Please don't let Greg determine the date. He had the whole winter to chose from the last time and he picks a day near the end of March. He has never invited me over for BBQ either ...

Late March is the best time for Vermont..you make no sense..we need to Roasr you

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
wow. . . here it is, the chance for honesty... So much going through mind... can't get it all on screen...

I guess when I was a little joey, I too used to think of skiing and write on message boards more than skiing, so I understand addiction... And i too, when first starting out skiing "more difficult" terrain (READ blue squares) would be intimidated of Vermont and want to ski close to home... Holy crap AZ'ers unite, there's a blue square run in CT that no one goes on where we can get radical! how long did it take for you, greg, to really really get a hang of bumps? not yet? what the hell have you been doing every wednsday night in 08 ?

Well, at least you've got friends. A lot of them. That's good. If no one was around to document your "style" runs then we wouldn't have had 22 pages of you losing to a tele commentary here on AZ....... no matter though. Good times at the comp, good times in 08, just no good bump runs out of the man who helped put it together. Wierd.

Passion lies with eagerness to achieve, and greg, you're the most passionate guy I've ever met who can barely ski. Awesome

hope that wasn't to retarded for ya

Last edited:

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
After seeing what Greg truely looks like, he is no longer allowed to ski at Sugarbush or for that matter anywhere in the MRV.
All the mascara at Sugarbush could never make him acceptable.
He will never be allowed to ski at Stowe either since only the beautiful people are allowed there.
Really, he should just stay in CT and hide under a rock so that people don't throw up when they gaze upon him.:puke:

you should see the smog that follows this guy... rediculous

Greg

Staff member
wow. . . here it is, the chance for honesty... So much going through mind... can't get it all on screen...

I guess when I was a little joey, I too used to think of skiing and write on message boards more than skiing, so I understand addiction... And i too, when first starting out skiing "more difficult" terrain (READ blue squares) would be intimidated of Vermont and want to ski close to home... Holy crap AZ'ers unite, there's a blue square run in CT that no one goes on where we can get radical! how long did it take for you, greg, to really really get a hang of bumps? not yet? what the hell have you been doing every wednsday night in 08 ?

Well, at least you've got friends. A lot of them. That's good. If no one was around to document your "style" runs then we wouldn't have had 22 pages of you losing to a tele commentary here on AZ....... no matter though. Good times at the comp, good times in 08, just no good bump runs out of the man who helped put it together. Wierd.

Passion lies with eagerness to achieve, and greg, you're the most passionate guy I've ever met who can barely ski. Awesome

hope that wasn't to retarded for ya

Yeah yeah yeah. Keep holding on to those teenage dreams of yours by continuing to ride the park with the kids. All those 14 year olds must really look up to you...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Yep. That 8-12" of powder was pretty crappy. My bad.

Come on Greg. Because of a few forcasts predicting wind, you got so panicky right before the Sugarbush trip you were ready to go everywhere but the bush. So, not sure if you could take too much credit on this one. I would hate to think what would have happened if they predicted a major snow storm. You probably would have stayed home out of fear. :lol:

Greg

Staff member
Come on Greg. Because of a few forcasts predicting wind, you got so panicky right before the Sugarbush trip you were ready to go everywhere but the bush. So, not sure if you could take too much credit on this one. I would hate to think what would have happened if they predicted a major snow storm. You probably would have stayed home out of fear. :lol:

I can't argue my way out of that one. I was a whiny bitch the day before. Mostly because I had planned to be at MRG that day and instead was at work. BTW Andy, ever make to the upper elevations that day? No? Was Castlerock too scary for you?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
GREG is the ONLY person I know who arrives late to the airport so he can get BUMPED from his flight.

When GREG does fly, he prefers stormy weather, a better chance for a BUMPY ride.

GREG is the only person I know who would pass up the chance to SKI DUBAI because of lack of BUMPS.

When driving, Always speeds up when he sees a BUMP sign.
ykroughroadsign.jpg

But I'm not sure what GREG does when he sees this sign:
speed-hump-sign.jpg

GREG is a card-carrying member of the VERMONT FROST HEAVES fan club. He belongs to the BUMP IN THE ROAD CLUB and in the off-season he dresses as BUMP THE MOOSE.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I can't argue my way out of that one. I was a whiny bitch the day before. Mostly because I had planned to be at MRG that day and instead was at work. BTW Andy, ever make to the upper elevations that day? No? Was Castlerock too scary for you?

Actually, I didn't make upper elevations. Is there something wrong with that? Do you believe all the tougher trails are at upper elevations or are you scared of heights? Whiny bitch, hmm... I was going to say wus, but guess that'll do :lol:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
GREG is the ONLY person I know who arrives late to the airport so he can get BUMPED from his flight.

When GREG does fly, he prefers stormy weather, a better chance for a BUMPY ride.

GREG is the only person I know who would pass up the chance to SKI DUBAI because of lack of BUMPS.

When driving, Always speeds up when he sees a BUMP sign.
ykroughroadsign.jpg

But I'm not sure what GREG does when he sees this sign:
speed-hump-sign.jpg

GREG is a card-carrying member of the VERMONT FROST HEAVES fan club. He belongs to the BUMP IN THE ROAD CLUB and in the off-season he dresses as BUMP THE MOOSE.

Let me do a Greg: billski, your post get a B-, not bad, but you could do better.

From AndyZee: Great post!

Greg

Staff member
Actually, I didn't make upper elevations. Is there something wrong with that? Do you believe all the tougher trails are at upper elevations or are you scared of heights?

I skied the Gate House pod, the VH pod and Castlerock that day. The upper elevations on CR had significantly more snow. Your loss.