• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Note of appreciation

Greg

Staff member
Glad they're working out for you. I pulled out my older generation AC3s a few times this year. I forgot how much fun these skis were! Very lively.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Nice! Glad they worked out for you. What other skis did you demo? Sounds like you got the right pair. The right pair of skis just puts a smile on your face after you have tried a few and realized what you like. You just start making some turns and you and the ski just "click" when you get the right tool for your needs.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
If you have not done so already, you may want to consider a lesson to get some personal tips on how to adjust your turning style to the new skis. Seems that is one of the biggest hurdles most people face when they come over from straight skis.... the new skis do a lot of the work for you, you just need to roll the edge and bring them around... the turn will kind of "pop" itself with a little bit of edge pressure on a ski like those Volkls. And then just when you get that one dialed in.... be wary you may be looking for yet another pair soon enough! It is a difficult bug to shake!